• Tweets

• I see on November 8 I suggested that you read around all the stories especially the Hermes stories on the sub- forum. Yet you just have reported that you wrote them and suggested that you go to some kind of ADR. Why is that? Have you seen that mentioned in any of the stories on the sub- forum? What ADR did you have in mind? Do you think that such a scheme exists anywhere? We would love to know. If you want to move on with this then you need broadly to follow the advice here and that begins with reading all the stories and then taking the same path. Sorry to say but you've wasted three weeks. If you want to take control of this then you need to read the stories, take the suggested action. My site team colleague above has suggested the next step although that was clear from many stories which are already on this sub- forum
    • Update:  Apologies, it's a bit of a lengthy read.  I’ve been back and forward with Virgin Media after requesting a SAR using their online request form.    I didn’t wish to provide proof of my current address.  The SAR is in relation to my Virgin Media account at my previous address.   I don’t have any utility bills from my previous address so I sent alternative documents with my address in an attempt to prove my identity.  These were not accepted.  In addition, I’ve provided a copy of my driving licence with my old address details and am currently awaiting a response.   Time is ticking so after taking advice to support a mortgage application  in an attempt to improve my credit file I ended up phoning Virgin Media (recorded the call) .  The outcome of which was that I paid but this has not been positive for my credit file.    I spoke to an advisor and was asked if I wished to pay the £75.15.  I explained as per original post, said I didn't owe the outstanding amount etc.   I can enter details if it would be helpful.  I was told that it is not in their hands now, that I don’t owe virgin media, it’s been written off now.  Again, I was told that I don’t owe Virgin media anything.     I explained that my credit file went from 0 missed payments to a default of £75 after raising a complaint and that I received no information as to what the outstanding amount was for.  I stated that my post had been subject to re-direction with Royal Mail.  I re-iterated my complaint and what I wanted to resolve it.  I was advised that Virgin media don’t deal with that, so I asked if there was a department who does deal with that?   I was then transferred to the collection team where I explained everything again.  I was advised that the last bill was already generated on their system.  On reflection, I don’t understand how it was the last bill if they’re saying they did not receive confirmation that I cancelled.  I re-iterated through out the call that I was not aware of what the £75.15 outstanding charge was for, that it was different to my usual monthly bill and that my credit file was marked as up to date until I raised a complaint.  Then a default appeared and I don’t know what it’s for?   I was told that if I paid today that Virgin Media would remove the default.  They would accept payment today and it would be removed from my credit file.  I went back and forward re-iterating my issues.      I was told it  had already been through the process, it was final and so the money has to be settled. I was also advised that my account had gone through valid processes.  I said that there were issues with processing requiring an explanation as I’d not been advised of any charges and re-iterated the issues; credit file, DCA’s requesting differing amounts, correspondence, complaint responses, lack of compliant responses;cancellation, lack of response to 2 deadlock request letters.     The advisor then gave me her word that the default would be removed from my credit file if I was willing to pay today. She said I have her word. I asked for clarity that if I paid that she was stating that the default would be removed and not marked as satisfied.   She assured me it would be removed.    The advisor acknowledged there was still an open complaint.  I asked if she was saying the best she could offer me today to resolve my complaint was that I pay and the default be removed with no other explanation to the issues raised. She said she guaranteed that if I Pay 75.15. you have my word it will be removed when we receive payment.  They could not tell me what the bill was for nor provide a breakdown only that it had been generated.   I said it didn’t resolve my complaint, but I would pay based on what I’d been advised regarding my credit file.  I asked for the complaint be kept open as it was not yet resolved.  I asked for an email address for customer service, complaints, or the person dealing with my complaint.   I was told they don’t have a customer service e-mail address and that they are the complaints team as well.   Again, I stated the compliant was not resolved.    I asked how it could be resolved and  I requested an e-mail address/contact number for customer service/complaints/phone number.    She did offer for an advisor to call me back.    It’s been two weeks since I paid.  I remained on the phone while she said she was requesting the removal of the default.  However, the default remains outstanding on my credit file.  I didn't  receive a receipt as advised.  The money has been taken from my bank account. I have not received any correspondence either.   I'm awaiting the SAR still. 
    • Thank you. As there doesn't seem to be an address in their website, is the Companies House  address the correct place to send the letter of claim? https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/01421773        
    • you do a letter of claim for DPD and send it to their registered UK address.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• Recommended Topics

IAmBand v Mackenzie Hall

IAmBand

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4491 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

just a few words from my self i myself have letter from mackenzie hall, have read the posts that are about on this company and ur forums have been more than helpfull on this matter, sorry i could not start a new thread of my own on this matter,

the letter dont tell u much that u got to call them and that ant happing, i customised this letter as a start it might help some body else, so we are now playing the waiting game, but will keep u all up todate on wats going on with them and post there responce if i get 1 back from them, ps thats not the ref its just a E.G, also the letter has all the same duff email address and the

The same address in portland st kilmarnock

[email protected]

Tell phone 01563 55601, 0800 012 6179.

Dear Sir/Madam

Ref. 123456789

Can you please provide me with:

The current outstanding balance,

The current amount overdue,

and the current settlement figure.

Can you please also supply a copy of the agreement: payment terms and conditions included.

The Name of the company or company’s witch the outstanding balance is due.

Finally, please provide the name and address for future correspondence.

Also a full copy of your Company Complaints Procedure

Yours

Edited by IAmBand