You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

ju5t

stitching up HSBC

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3984 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi i posted up recently about how HSBC closed my credit facility on my CC and my direct debit facility on my current account too after i missed 2 payments to my credit card from being jobless.

I was wondering, is there anything stopping me from jsut stopping using the account(having wages paid in) and jsut paying it off at 5quid a month????

im so annoyed at them for messing up all my accounts i dont see why i should give them the opportunity to make more money from em after their bad practice!!!

So long as i keep paying my laon and creditcard at the agreed rates can i jsut do this with my current account??

Maybe the bank will reactivate my direct debit facility if i do this???

thaks

Just

Hi just , welcome back ... :)

Why don't you open a completely different account ... not connected in any way with HSBC .. have your daily Income and Expenditure dealt with through there , and just pay by SO what you can afford to service your Loan and Credit Card ......that way HSBC can't plunder your account when any money is paid in ..

Have you also considered switching to another credit card with a more attractive interest rate ... and a balance transfer facility . That way you can take the whole CC business out of their hands ..... :)

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you think I've helped you please feel free to tickle my star :-D

unfortunatly i have attempted to apply for a couple of new credit cards without any luck one being a tesco other being capital one. when these failed i then attempted a loan to consolidate the loan and credit card into one payment but could not get that either.

Its all since they put a default on my name for missing 2 credit card payments when they knew i had no job as i called them and informed and what do they do .... remove my direct debit facility for me being good enough to keep them informed!

Yes i have other accounts open already which is why im considering this move!

will the default really have lowered my credit score that much?

It may be best to run a check on your credit score to see, ju5t....

Then you may find a CC which will accept you with your 'score' ....

But, as long as you can keep your 'everyday needs' money out of their clutches , it should give you breathing space to consider your next move.

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you think I've helped you please feel free to tickle my star :-D