You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

sweetkitten

Moorcrop Doorstep stepper wants money - Npower gas bill - says she can goto court..

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3989 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello, Sorry if this is in the wrong place...its my first time at posting :)

Recently we got behind in our Gas payments, with Npower.. we requested and requested payment cards from them, in the end i had enough and changed over to EDF. This left me in debt of 200 pounds to Npower, who again i contacted and tried to sort out some payment, waited and waited for a payment card..never arrived

But the debt collector did, shes been 5 times now, 3 times in 1 day once (not at times i have asked her to call )..i havent paid her a penny, shes been very snotty and rude saying she has a degree in law and my case will be fast tracked straight into court if i dont pay her anything on thursday of this week, and i will have to pay court costs and all other kinds of additional fees

What options do i have, any advice is greatly appreciated :)

Do you mean she has visited you in person or called you on the phone?

If its in person then the next time you see her tell her to get lost & threaten her with the police if she refuses - she has less rights than the milkman quite frankly.

Big deal if she has a degree in law..that means nothing, she is just trying to intimidate you.

A county court would be there to help you if it ever got that far.

If you mean by phone, then refuse to answer security questions & insist everything must be in writing only.

Send this also/ or even shove it into her hand :D

Dear Sir or Madam,

Account Ref xxxx

Please be advised that I will only communicate with you in writing. I have noted your repeated attempts to contact me in person over the past few weeks/months and these have been duly logged by time and date.

Furthermore, should it be your intention to arrange another “doorstep call”, please be advised that under OFT rules, you can only visit me at my home if you make an appointment and I have no wish to make such an appointment with you.

There is only an implied license under English Common Law for people to be able to visit me on my property without express permission; the postman and people asking for directions etc (Armstrong v Sheppard & Short Ltd [1959] 2 QB per Lord Evershed M.R.). Therefore take note that I revoke license under Common Law for you, or your representatives to visit me at my property and, if you do so, you will be liable to damages for a tort of trespass and action will be taken, including but not limited to, police attendance.

Yours faithfully,

Remember to print your name never sign it.

Edited by mr.ton

Thanks much appreciated, yes she turned up on my door..one day last week, i asked her to call back when my partner was in,which she did and he did agree to pay her 10 pound a week , each time she calls is when hes not in and i repeatedly asked her to call when hes home, as i am ill and unable to get out the house to a cash machine so have to rely on my partner .. but she just doesnt seem to want to listen to my requests.

I will follow your advice and hopefully she will leave me alone ;)

Do not pay her anything whatsoever - what she is doing is illegal, she knows it & is relying on you not knowing your rights to intimidate you.

Do you know what DCA she is working for exactly?

Nope sorry...it could possibly be moorcroft but im not 100% sure, tbh i dont think i had any warning letters saying they were coming

Hello, Sorry if this is in the wrong place...its my first time at posting :)

But the debt collector did, shes been 5 times now, 3 times in 1 day once (not at times i have asked her to call )..i havent paid her a penny, shes been very snotty and rude saying she has a degree in law and my case will be fast tracked straight into court if i dont pay her anything on thursday of this week, and i will have to pay court costs and all other kinds of additional fees

If she had a law Degree, then she wouldn't be a doorstep collector.... :D... She would also know that she hasn't got the power to fast track anything; having no legal rights whatsoever in her wannabe "legal" role of doorstep collector..... :lol:

if she has a law degree the first question you should ask is "so why couldn't you get a real job instead"

degree in BS more like:D

SAM

SAM:pLOWELL DETESTER.

SO PROUD OF MY AVATAR,THAT TOOK ME WEEKS TO WORK OUT HOW TO GET ONE.:lol:

PLZ CLICK MY SCALES IF YOU LIKE WHAT I SAY.

OR IF I HAVE HELPED IN ANY WAY.:smile:

Nope sorry...it could possibly be moorcroft but im not 100% sure, tbh i dont think i had any warning letters saying they were coming

In theory then, she could be any old b*gger asking you for money.... You really need to know where she's from so that you can put in a written complaint about her attitude (by rec. delivery).... and also inform the muppets she works for that you're not prepared to entertain wannabe Judge Judy's on your doorstep and that from now on everything needs to be in writing.

:)

Regardless of where she is from - stop paying with immediate effect & report her to the police if she starts threatening you/refuses to go away.

She has as much right to obtain money off you as i do quite frankly.

A Debt Collector With A Degree In Law, I Nearly Wet Myself !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A Debt Collector With A Degree In Law, I Nearly Wet Myself !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Probably got it from the Moorcroft University along with her degree in Nuclear Physics.

Probably got it from the Moorcroft University along with her degree in Nuclear Physics.

:lol::lol::lol:

Please remember our troops, fighting and dying in our name. God protect them.