DCA calling tonight

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5342 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Firtst time posting. I have a debt with LLoyds TSB which was a normal bank account which was closed down by them. The money i owe is £5500 which was a overdraft of £4000 the rest being charges. This has been passed on to company called CSL. Now they probably bought this cheap as i have had letters saying they would accept £1790 now. A doorstep collector from CSL has called at my home but i wasn't in, he is due back tonight.

Question is what should i do next. Arrange a payment with him or ask for a CCA from CSL first and send him away?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Paul

Question is what should i do next. Arrange a payment with him or ask for a CCA from CSL first and send him away?

Neither, as debt collectors have no legal rights whatsoever.

Politely tell him to get off your property and that you will call the police if he does not.

David

Unfortunately you can't request an agreement for an overdraft/bank account. It might be a possible idea to settle (as long as you have this in writing)....of course once settled you could then reclaim the charges !!

Because they have deliberately invaded your personal space, I would completely ignore them until they write to you. Don't forget, tell this doorknocking gypsy to go away and tell his owners to contact you IN WRITING if they have anything to say

I am a lawyer, but I am an academic lawyer. I do not practice as a barrister or solicitor. You should consult a practising Solicitor BEFORE taking any Court or other action

Unfortunately you can't request an agreement for an overdraft/bank account. It might be a possible idea to settle (as long as you have this in writing)....of course once settled you could then reclaim the charges !!

Bugger

Because they have deliberately invaded your personal space, I would completely ignore them until they write to you. Don't forget, tell this doorknocking gypsy to go away and tell his owners to contact you IN WRITING if they have anything to say

Thing is they have written and phoned many times, i have just ignored them.. stupid i know but i don't agree with the amount obviously because of the charges.

Paul

If anyone turns up, tell him/her to go away & dial 999 if they refuse to say that someone is outside threatening you.

If anyone rings then refuse to answer security questions.

Send them this also:

Dear Sir or Madam,

Account Ref xxxx

Please be advised that I will only communicate with you in writing. I have noted your repeated attempts to visit me in person over the past few weeks/months and these have been duly logged by time and date.

Furthermore, should it be your intention to arrange another “doorstep call”, please be advised that under OFT rules, you can only visit me at my home if you make an appointment and I have no wish to make such an appointment with you.

There is only an implied license under English Common Law for people to be able to visit me on my property without express permission; the postman and people asking for directions etc (Armstrong v Sheppard & Short Ltd [1959] 2 QB per Lord Evershed M.R.). Therefore take note that I revoke license under Common Law for you, or your representatives to visit me at my property and, if you do so, you will be liable to damages for a tort of trespass and action will be taken, including but not limited to, police attendance.

Yours faithfully,

Remember to print your name never sign it.

When you say that someone from CSL called at your home but you wasnt in...are you sure you dont mean that 1 of those daft postcards saying "sorry we missed you" wasnt left for you?

If so, then it wont have been anyone from CSL at all ;)

My wife answered the door, i was still at work.

Dont listen to any of his lies, he will tell you all sorts of storys, but Please, Please, Please dont listen to him.

He has got no rights, do not pay anything, he is on comission and will say anything to get a payment.

Be polite and if he gets annoyed and threatens etc, take his number plate and call police.

Also if you have a phone which records tape the conversation,put it in a place where he cant see it, but it will pick up the sound!!! .

If you are worried, then copy MR TON's letter and pass it through the letter box, if then he does not go away, call the police, or call your neighbours out,the more witnessess the better !Steve

Edited by littlefatbudha

Hi, i did not say let him in, im only saying these ideas as some people are stronger than others, some people can fill intimidated by these people,even though they have no right to do anything.

I totally agree with what you are saying, but you dont know how these people will react, thats all im saying .

Hi, i did not say let him in, im only saying these ideas as some people are stronger than others, some people can fill intimidated by these people,even though they have no right to do anything.

I totally agree with what you are saying, but you dont know how these people will react, thats all im saying .

Agreed, wholeheartedly! it's just that if you give them and inch, etc. Remember these 'people' are predatory: the can smell fear a mile off and if they do find soemone who is nervous and intimidated they will not let go.

And before you shut the door in his face take a photo of him!:D

If you do receive a doorstep visit we give these suggestions to Members.

Give them the template letter linked below through the letterbox or chained door.

http://www.consumerforums.com/resour...ep-visit-.html

Tell them to leave as you have nothing to discuss and all communication must be in writing.

Tell them you will call the police if they don't leave immediately.

Remain calm and polite at all times.

Walk away from the door so the visitor cannot try and talk to you.

If they don't leave, call the police to report that you are being harassed and the visitor refuses to leave.

Boo;)

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Did anyone show ?

No he didn't. But i rang CSL that evening to sort out a payment arrangement with them as i told them i will not do this on my doorstep, but they told me NO you will sort it with the doorstep collector?

What do i do next?

But i rang CSL that evening to sort out a payment arrangement with them as i told them i will not do this on my doorstep, but they told me NO you will sort it with the doorstep collector?

What do i do next?

STOP Ringing them!!!!

As you are finding out the hard way it seems, these dickensian organisations are a law unto themselves, acting way beyond any guidance and codes of conduct that is laid down. They make the rules up as they go along, and by you ringing them, just lets them bully you making you feel small and insignificant and their ego's inflate....you really must stop ringing these clowns.

(unless you are recording the calls??:cool:)

If not then PLEASE, PLEASE Stop talking to them over the phone, you have absolutely no legal comeback, just on their say so, if it is kept in writing then you will.

Imagine if you had it in writing that they were not interested in coming to some agreement to pay this debt!!!

The judge would laugh them out of the court, and tell them to go away, and you would possibly be 4k better off, or at the very least be paying £1 a month:D

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!