You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

• Tweets

• EU deal replicated 'as far as possible' ... aka less than   "The British Government is continuing to work intensively on securing continuity with other countries. We have secured agreements – either signed or agreed in principle - that account for 64% of the UK’s trade with all the countries with which the UK is seeking continuity, should we leave the EU without a deal."   With what I've seen on that page I linked earlier, that would seem to be decidedly unambitious 'trade deals across the world larger than the EU
    • dx100uk - thank you for your advice.  I will send a SAR to Vanquis and really appreciate all the help on here.   I may have read your last sentence in the way that it was not intended but it has came across very judgmental and not helpful.  I have came on this site for some help, not to be judged.  If that was not your intention then I apologise as I realise text can be read in the way it was not intended.  
    • . I'm sorry but this is not correct. There is a very long established rule that you are required to exercise utmost good faith (uberrima fides) when becoming a party to any kind of insurance contract. This means that you have quite a strict duty to accept responsibility for disclosing any information which a reasonable person in your position might understand could materially affect the risk. I can imagine that the interpretation of this rule would not be applied quite so strictly to a very new and young driver – but the more that one has been driving and the more insurance policies one has held, then I think that the stricter  this rule becomes. It is also well established that one can misrepresent something simply by withholding information – by silence. I'm sorry to say that I think that this rule and the value of it is so self-evident that it is scarcely worth discussing. I wouldn't start raising this issue if I were you with insurers or the courts because you will come away with a bloody nose and loss of credibility
    • @unclebulgaria67 your point is particularly valid especially in regards to loss in the event of a claim. Irrespective of 2x SP30’s or not the vehicle is insured for its full market value. The insurers rating changes based on risk against those endorsements, where said risk calculation isn’t made available.    Also I question the validation of 22% in premium. Is that based on today’s risk profiling, or is that applied retrospectively to day 1 and can that be evidenced.    One thing that is very clear, is that to bring about any degree of misrepresentation the insurer has to have evidence that questions were asked in regards to the endorsements.   This was an auto renewal and when I’ve checked the Brokers electronic Copy on “My Policy’ at renewal, there is no section included relative to accidents in the last 5 yrs or Motoring convictions. Everything else relative to me and the named driver is listed. 
    • Here is what exposes Johnson & Co Commission document, makes for sober reading   Wonder if Snake Oil Singham has read and digested it?   https://ec.europa.eu/info/sites/info/files/brexit_files/info_site/com_2020_324_2_communication_from_commission_to_inst_en_0.pdf
  • Our picks

• Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 5 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 7 replies
    • The courier industry – some basic points for customers. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/421913-the-courier-industry-%E2%80%93-some-basic-points-for-customers/
      • 1 reply
    • The controversial sub-prime lender says the City watchdog is investigating its practices.
      View the full article
      • 0 replies
willow1971

DCA calling tonight

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3984 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi

Firtst time posting. I have a debt with LLoyds TSB which was a normal bank account which was closed down by them. The money i owe is £5500 which was a overdraft of £4000 the rest being charges. This has been passed on to company called CSL. Now they probably bought this cheap as i have had letters saying they would accept £1790 now. A doorstep collector from CSL has called at my home but i wasn't in, he is due back tonight.

Question is what should i do next. Arrange a payment with him or ask for a CCA from CSL first and send him away?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Paul

tell him to get lost, they have no right to doorstep, and then send them a cca request

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly

---------

Advice is given freely but is in no way meant to be taken as Gospel:-)

Question is what should i do next. Arrange a payment with him or ask for a CCA from CSL first and send him away?

Neither, as debt collectors have no legal rights whatsoever.

Politely tell him to get off your property and that you will call the police if he does not.

David

and if he doesnt get lost, call the cops

SAM:pLOWELL DETESTER.

SO PROUD OF MY AVATAR,THAT TOOK ME WEEKS TO WORK OUT HOW TO GET ONE.:lol:

PLZ CLICK MY SCALES IF YOU LIKE WHAT I SAY.

OR IF I HAVE HELPED IN ANY WAY.:smile:

Thanks for the reply's very quick also. So i can tell him to go away, nice that's what i'll do then, and request the CCA.

Paul

Unfortunately you can't request an agreement for an overdraft/bank account. It might be a possible idea to settle (as long as you have this in writing)....of course once settled you could then reclaim the charges !!

PLEASE NOTE - I am not a legal expert, what is stated is my own opinion and from what I have learnt from this forum and my own experiences.

DEBT COLLECTION LETTER/SAR/AGREEMENT TEMPLATES ARE HERE - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?65-legislation

IF WE HAVE BEEN HELPFUL -PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE GIVE A DONATION TO HELP US TO CONTINUE HELPING YOU

I AM HAPPY TO RECEIVE PM's AND I WILL RESPOND IF I FEEL I CAN ASSIST BUT WHEN YOU DO CAN YOU PLEASE PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD ON WHICH YOU WOULD LIKE ME TO COMMENT - THANK YOU

IMPORTANT - If you are sent a private message directing you for advice or support with your issues to another website,this is your choice.

Before you decide,consider the users here who have already offered help and support.

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are/or could be seen to be inappropriate for posting on the main forum.Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you are approached by private message with a view to asking you to visit another website,please inform the site team via the report icon.

Forum rules - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forum-rules-please-read/9-forum-rules-please-read.html

Because they have deliberately invaded your personal space, I would completely ignore them until they write to you. Don't forget, tell this doorknocking gypsy to go away and tell his owners to contact you IN WRITING if they have anything to say

I am a lawyer, but I am an academic lawyer. I do not practice as a barrister or solicitor. You should consult a practising Solicitor BEFORE taking any Court or other action

Unfortunately you can't request an agreement for an overdraft/bank account. It might be a possible idea to settle (as long as you have this in writing)....of course once settled you could then reclaim the charges !!

Bugger

Because they have deliberately invaded your personal space, I would completely ignore them until they write to you. Don't forget, tell this doorknocking gypsy to go away and tell his owners to contact you IN WRITING if they have anything to say

Thing is they have written and phoned many times, i have just ignored them.. stupid i know but i don't agree with the amount obviously because of the charges.

Paul

Then you should start an action to reclaim your charges.

Once your claim is in the legal system they cant harass you.

If anyone turns up, tell him/her to go away & dial 999 if they refuse to say that someone is outside threatening you.

If anyone rings then refuse to answer security questions.

Send them this also:

Dear Sir or Madam,

Account Ref xxxx

Please be advised that I will only communicate with you in writing. I have noted your repeated attempts to visit me in person over the past few weeks/months and these have been duly logged by time and date.

Furthermore, should it be your intention to arrange another “doorstep call”, please be advised that under OFT rules, you can only visit me at my home if you make an appointment and I have no wish to make such an appointment with you.

There is only an implied license under English Common Law for people to be able to visit me on my property without express permission; the postman and people asking for directions etc (Armstrong v Sheppard & Short Ltd [1959] 2 QB per Lord Evershed M.R.). Therefore take note that I revoke license under Common Law for you, or your representatives to visit me at my property and, if you do so, you will be liable to damages for a tort of trespass and action will be taken, including but not limited to, police attendance.

Yours faithfully,

Remember to print your name never sign it.

When you say that someone from CSL called at your home but you wasnt in...are you sure you dont mean that 1 of those daft postcards saying "sorry we missed you" wasnt left for you?

If so, then it wont have been anyone from CSL at all ;)

When you say that someone from CSL called at your home but you wasnt in...are you sure you dont mean that 1 of those daft postcards saying "sorry we missed you" wasnt left for you?

If so, then it wont have been anyone from CSL at all ;)

My wife answered the door, i was still at work.

Oh ok fair enough...well all advice from the replies above still applies ;)

Hand him Mr Ton's letter and if he's come up your garden path, tell him he's trespassing! he has not been invited, therefore should not be there.

Dont listen to any of his lies, he will tell you all sorts of storys, but Please, Please, Please dont listen to him.

He has got no rights, do not pay anything, he is on comission and will say anything to get a payment.

Be polite and if he gets annoyed and threatens etc, take his number plate and call police.

Also if you have a phone which records tape the conversation,put it in a place where he cant see it, but it will pick up the sound!!! .

If you are worried, then copy MR TON's letter and pass it through the letter box, if then he does not go away, call the police, or call your neighbours out,the more witnessess the better !Steve

Edited by littlefatbudha

Buddha - you shouldn't be advocating even letting the guy in, let alone listening to him!

He's go no right to be there.

Hi, i did not say let him in, im only saying these ideas as some people are stronger than others, some people can fill intimidated by these people,even though they have no right to do anything.

I totally agree with what you are saying, but you dont know how these people will react, thats all im saying .

Hi, i did not say let him in, im only saying these ideas as some people are stronger than others, some people can fill intimidated by these people,even though they have no right to do anything.

I totally agree with what you are saying, but you dont know how these people will react, thats all im saying .

Agreed, wholeheartedly! it's just that if you give them and inch, etc. Remember these 'people' are predatory: the can smell fear a mile off and if they do find soemone who is nervous and intimidated they will not let go.

And before you shut the door in his face take a photo of him!:D

If you do receive a doorstep visit we give these suggestions to Members.

Give them the template letter linked below through the letterbox or chained door.

http://www.consumerforums.com/resour...ep-visit-.html

Tell them to leave as you have nothing to discuss and all communication must be in writing.

Tell them you will call the police if they don't leave immediately.

Remain calm and polite at all times.

Walk away from the door so the visitor cannot try and talk to you.

If they don't leave, call the police to report that you are being harassed and the visitor refuses to leave.

Boo;)

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Did anyone show ?

No he didn't. But i rang CSL that evening to sort out a payment arrangement with them as i told them i will not do this on my doorstep, but they told me NO you will sort it with the doorstep collector?

What do i do next?

Stop listening to CSL and start listening to your CAG friends

If anyone comes around, ask them to leave, if they dont then that is tresspass, put MR TON's letter through letter box , then send CCA and no payment plan.

Steve

But i rang CSL that evening to sort out a payment arrangement with them as i told them i will not do this on my doorstep, but they told me NO you will sort it with the doorstep collector?

What do i do next?

STOP Ringing them!!!!

As you are finding out the hard way it seems, these dickensian organisations are a law unto themselves, acting way beyond any guidance and codes of conduct that is laid down. They make the rules up as they go along, and by you ringing them, just lets them bully you making you feel small and insignificant and their ego's inflate....you really must stop ringing these clowns.

(unless you are recording the calls??:cool:)

If not then PLEASE, PLEASE Stop talking to them over the phone, you have absolutely no legal comeback, just on their say so, if it is kept in writing then you will.

Imagine if you had it in writing that they were not interested in coming to some agreement to pay this debt!!!

The judge would laugh them out of the court, and tell them to go away, and you would possibly be 4k better off, or at the very least be paying £1 a month:D

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!