You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

SB100

Thomas Cook - Holding responses - any opinions?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3899 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Had a crap holiday in May - I won't go in to details at this point, other than having to endure 40 degree heat with broken aircon (despite being reported daily), broken (therefore useless and dangerous) cot, and the bathroom ceiling collapsing....

Anyway, it was booked with Thomas Cook but it was a cosmos holiday. I've complained to Thomas Cook and got a holding response. I then sent them a letter before action, and got another holding response. Whilst I can appreciate they need to communicate with cosmos this has gone on far too long now with no tangible information.

How do I proceed? I am quite ok with issuing court proceedings but do I claim the entire cost of the holiday etc?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Think you would have to complain to Cosmos not Thomas Cook

My contract's with Thomas Cook- in turn, they contracted Cosmos- its TC I have to go after.

Have seen on another site a similar situation. When they went to court the Judge threw their claim out and told them that they should have taken action against third party. This was because they had provided the holiday. Who they booked through had nothing to do with it. There are different rules for travel agents.

Fair enough- if that's the case I'll look in to it. Might speak to trading standards or CAB. Thanks for the advice :)

Cheers, thats the info I picked up from another site. To make sure, have you tried ' Holiday Travel Watch ' ? on their site there is a helpline No.

Issue proceddings, that if nothing else will speed up the process. It will also ensure you get a refund, these large companies will not want to go to court for such a small matter. Claim the lot as well.

Call their bluff.

IMHO, I would suggest that the company you go after is the company to whom you paid the monies for the holiday. If it was TC, then I would issue against them and make mention in the application to issue, the Vicarious Liability rule. This is to cover the fact that a third party supplied the holiday. If the court find in your favour it will then be up to TC to recover their monies from Cosmos. Incidentally, I was under the impression that Cosmos was owned by TC. Just a thought.

If your whole holiday was ruined , I would go for the whole cost of the holiday.

Cheers - Scousegeezer

Ok, I'm on with it today :) Thanks for the help, will issue proceedings.

I've done the forms on moneyclaim.gov, just need to save up the £85 to issue... should be doing it this week so will let you know.

If you want to save yourself some money, dont issue against TC, issue against Cosmos.

TC are acting in capacity of agent for Cosmos. You may have paid your money to them, but it is paid on to Cosmos. Cosmos are the Tour Operator and it is the TO you need to sue.

Hope im not too late wiht this.