You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

Blalap

All of a sudden I had a baliff clamp my van - please help!

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3981 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi I'm new here and desperate!

Today at 5:30 on my way to work I found that my van had been clamped by a bailiff from Equita and a horrible big final warning letter on my windscreen asking for a payment of £567 by 10pm or they will auction my vehicle and its goods. This was a shock for me as I was not aware I owed any money to Equita! I phoned the bailiffs mobile on the final warning letter and explained my horror, he stated that they have visited my house and sent me letters on numerous occasions dating back to a driving offence for driving on a bus lane on Jan 25th, the really bad part is the original fine was £80 but I had never had a visit nor a letter from Tfl, Northamptionshire County Court, or Equita!

I phoned around to find out about this charge but all the lines aopened at 9am :( and because I use this van for work I had no choice but to pay the bailiff to unclamp my car. He told me I can claim back some of the money because I had not recieved the letters.

I phoned Equita to claim the money back and they stated that I would have to write in. So I was wondering can anyone help me on this case please?

Edited by Blalap
missed out a section

Guest Old_andrew2018

Bump

This is one for Tom tubby she will see this thread and reply to you with sound advice so just hang on until you hear from her. What she doesn't know about motoring charges wouldn't cover the back of a postage stamp!!!

If you have never received any letter or anything you should call the bailiff and ask what address they have been to and if it was not yours you should send a stateturey declaration to the court and that will rid any fees and they then have release your car.