You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

Quentin X

Robinson Way back at me again two years after correspondence ceased.

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3980 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi all, long time reader, first time caller.

I bought a season ticket for Bolton Wanderers (not my last mistake) for the 2000-2001 season. As part of a new way of selling season tickets they outsourced the payments to CitiFinancial. I fell behind on the payments and eventually stopped altogether as I had then gone to University and couldnt afford the repayments. I asked Citi if they would agree to a payment plan and they refused.

In January 2007 a letter pops through the door of my new address in London asking for payment this time from our old friends Robinson Way. I rang them up and stupidly paid off £10 and agreed to a payment plan. I then considered my actions and advised them that I would pay no more until I had seen proof that they had bought the debt. All I got in return was someone looking into it and then another copy of their original letter would land on the mat. This went on about every two months until in September 2007 I sent a letter recorded delivery asking them for proof that they had actually bought the debt from Citi and received a letter a couple of weeks later confirming that they had received my letter and were looking into it. And then.......nothing.

I moved in March 2008 but had a redirect for my mail until September 2008 so it cannot be said that they sent a reply out. This morning another copy of their original letter appears. One phone call later and they have confirmed that they do not have a confirmation that they ever bought the debt but would still by pursuing it.

My question is, should I wait and see what they do? Do I have a recourse as the debt dates back from September 2000 and do I have any comeback as they did not answer my original letter from 2007?

just ignore the fools and throw their letters in the bin or send them back with goneaway on them

PGH7447

Getting There Slowly

---------

Advice is given freely but is in no way meant to be taken as Gospel:-)

Also most likely statute barred as well. ignore and bin would probabvly be the best advice. Don't call them ever.

Also most likely statute barred as well. ignore and bin would probabvly be the best advice. Don't call them ever.

If you paid £10 in 2007, it will not be statute barred.

Remind them that they are in breach of your original request of 2007, acknowleging no debt to them. If it was a credit agreement, ask for a copy of that as well. They need to prove the debt.

Start your letter: I acknowledge no debt to your company.

The OP hasn't said when his last payment was 'before' the one in 2007, it is quite possible that the debt is SB, if it was for a 2000-2001 season ticket, and so long as the last payment made was no later than 2001, then 6 years from then would make it 2007, and depending on what month etc his last payment was made.

Until he clarifies whether or not there has been a clear six year period between payments it's not possible to begin to venture down the SB route.

But as you rightly say Vint they are in breach of the priginal request to supply the OP with any documentation to support their claims, and as he has been informed, they do not have any!

Report them to the relevant authorities and file any other of their threatogrammes under ignore. Or as suggested, RTS them

• Haha 1

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

The OP hasn't said when his last payment was 'before' the one in 2007, it is quite possible that the debt is SB, if it was for a 2000-2001 season ticket, and so long as the last payment made was no later than 2001, then 6 years from then would make it 2007, and depending on what month etc his last payment was made.

Until he clarifies whether or not there has been a clear six year period between payments it's not possible to begin to venture down the SB route.

But as you rightly say Vint they are in breach of the priginal request to supply the OP with any documentation to support their claims, and as he has been informed, they do not have any!

Report them to the relevant authorities and file any other of their threatogrammes under ignore. Or as suggested, RTS them

Well spotted Bazooka