You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

chiplover

Caught by the renewal clause. Help?

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3990 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello again,

I ordered web hosting and a domain name with a company I won't name (they always tend to end up finding their way onto the forum)

Now I am gooood with automatic renewal. I never get caught by insurance companies- I'm on the ball. But this company got me. Facts:

1. Unlike insurance companies, this company did not send me notification of my upcoming renewal ('it's in the policy'..)

2. They do NOT issue refunds. Ever. (it's in the policy)

3. Unlike insurance companies they will NOT refund the part of the service I won't use (11 months worth of unwanted hosting).

So, one month before I suspected they would take money from my credit card, I send an email to the correct address stating that no further money be taken from my credit card. Then, I went on holiday....

I got back to an automated reply (apparently the system read the email, and because I did not include my hosting account pin, it was allegedly not read by a human and sent back). The reply said I had to call their team.

I was on holiday. I got back to over £100 being removed from my credit card.

PROBLEM: In their ts and Cs it states:

+ NO refunds

+ Unless you follow the correct closing procedure (jump through hoops like a collie), your account will remain open.

+ If you stop payment at the credit card end (which I didn't) they still reserve the right to charge a £60 punitive fee if they think it's unfair.

So I've asked the credit card co. to open a dispute for me. But i think They will just tell the credit card co. that I did not respond to their automated email. No closure. Automatic renewal. The end.

What can I do?

Bend over????

Chiplover