Ebay - Enforcable?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5364 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, my ebay account has been blocked for literally 12+months now. "The story".

I came to selling my motorcycle on ebay. We all know they have advertising fees of around £1-20+. My advertising fee was £8 - and then a % of what my bike sold for. Now, My bike actually didnt sell but it was on for buy-it-now, But nobody bought it. I then later get an email from ebay demanding £48? - I told them i am happy to pay the £8 original fee but they wont have any of it. Its now with a DCA (who i can deal with no probs thanks to this forum =D)

But i want to unblock my account and would rather not pay £48 which is not needed. Can they do this? charge me even though its not sold though ebay ( & charge me commision) on unsold products. -

-note- i am unable to get on ebay forums due to blocked account xD

Thanks Rob,

I'm not sure where you got the sub-£5 listing amount from. Bikes share the same listing fees as cars, and I was paying a £20 listibg fee (not a sale fee), providing a BIN also attracted a fee. The fact it didn't sell is immaterial and catches out many - even though it is clearly stated in their terms of sale for vehicles.

It was almost 2 years ago so cant be precise. It was around £8-12 listing fee and as i was going though the process i was notified once sold i would be charged a % of what my bike sold for, so im guessing the rest is made up of that. Even though my bike didnt sell!

Edited by Birmo0803
cant spell :<

I owe a debt on my eBay account and its been blocked for around 12 months now. They wont reactivate it until the debt is clear, I have even tried to set up another account but they linked the two and got it blocked as well!

I think you might have to pay it even just to get your account unlocked

Well on my Ebay account i had around 75 + Posotive feedback with 0-negative feedback. I have sent them an email telling them i am willing to pay the ordiginal fees if not i will fight this your DCA.

If i have too ill just try open/use somebodys else, but i liked mine :p

Im posotive mine was around £8-12 as the buy it now was set at £850 but was auction up to as well.

In either cases, Ebay still havent replyed to my email - Dont think they will. So mite just open up another account with a friend?

just open another, use your name but spelt differently, clear the cookies and history from your IE or Firefox first, put the same address, down, open a new email account and use that for the ebay account and open I new paypal account and use the new email address, first remove your accounts from paypal and then close the old one down.

i know long way but I did it without doing the above and my second account got blocked within days, I did it again, and ever since its now been blocked, 1 year now