council parking tickets newlyn baliffs help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5315 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi my partner has got 2 parking tickets from a couple of months ago,

(yes we should of paid them then but completely forgot)

now we have had several phone calls from newlyn

we offered to pay something each week but they would not agree

they have said we have to pay this off within 3 months

we can not afford to do this the combined amount is for £431

is was when they first phoned us £360

but the letter we recieved this morning has £431 we have not had any baliffs visit yet.

anyone know what our rights our if we have any.

i will pay this but cant afford to pay what they say we have to pay should i just send them what we can?

please help

thanks decky75

hi my partner has got 2 parking tickets from a couple of months ago,(yes we should of paid them then but completely forgot)

so now we have had several phone calls from newlyn,the first phone call the man i spoke to says he has a warrant and he can come and take our car, we offered to pay something each week but they would not agree they have said we have to pay this off within 3 months we can not afford to do this the combined amount is for £431 is was when they first phoned us £360 but the letter we recieved this morning has £431 we have not had any baliffs visit yet.

anyone know what our rights our if we have any. i will pay this but cant afford to pay what they say we have to pay should i just send them what we can?

the guy who dropped the letter off this morning was a scruffy looking guy in a small white van and he had no intention of knocking even though the letter says they attended the property to seize and distrain my possessions.

please help

thanks decky75

forumbox_top_left.gifforumbox_top_tile.gifforumbox_top_right.gifforumbox_left_tile.gifclose.gif Record your calls Follow this link to read the review of the Truecall telephone recorder and call manager.

This is the Rolls Royce of call recorders.

It's a bit pricey but if you buy it with our special offer you will get it at cost: about 20% discount.

How much do we make on the deal? - Nothing at all.

You can also buy cheaper devices from Maplins. Truecall is the best - but the important thing is to record your calls.

forumbox_right_tile.gifforumbox_bottom_left.gifforumbox_bottom_tile.gifforumbox_bottom_right.gif

hi do you mean the notice from council for fines or the ones from baliffs

thanks sorry bit dumb when it comes to these things

thanks for reply.

Assuming you did not appeal

You should have got...

A PCN ...... usually stuck on car

A Notice to owner ....... telling you that you have not paid, have missed the discount and should appeal or pay

A charge certificate.....telling you that you have done nothing and the cost has gone up 50%

An Order for recovery.......... tells you that the fine is now a debt and unless you pay the baliffs are coming.

All the above MUST be received before you hear from the Baliff.

Contact your local court and ask them to recall the accounts and make an arrangement to pay at a reasonable rate.

I know I was dragged in front of a judge for parking fines and ordered to pay out of my benefits at £5 a week.

After it was paid I had a nasty visit at 8 am from 2 bailiffs come to seize my car. I panicked and got my ex husband to bring the £300 they wanted. We handed it over and they sat in their van til the office opened at 8.30 at which time they confirmed they'd made a mistake and that it was all paid. They were very agressive and threw the money on the table and snatched the receipt and practically ran from my house :|

• 5 weeks later...

Hi Try To Keep This Short My Partner Has Parking Fines. Went To Far Ended Up In Newlyns Hands Had Several Phone Calls To Start With And I Explained We Were Not Able To Pay The Amount They Were Asking. Fine Was Originally £155, Fees State £353.28 Comes To £508.28 There Are 2 Of These Exactly The Same For £155 However The Other One Has Fees For £276.23 Comes To £431.23 Not Sure How.

Baliff Posted Letter Through Door Final Notice Call Me To Make Payment,

Me And My Partner Went Away For A Weekend To Visit Relatives.

Baliff Knocked On Door Asked My Mother For My Partner She Said He Is Not Here And He Handed Her An Open Letter For My Partner Which Obviously She Could Read. Now In 2 Weeks We Have Had 6 Letters Demanding Money From Them, Checked This Morning For The Baliff Mr Hendricks Who I Cannot Find As Registered I Have A Bit Of Knowledge On This Type Of Thing But Just Wondering What Everyone Else Thinks

I.e

Fees 2 Different Amounts Same £155 To Start With

Maybe Unregistered Baliff

Giving Someone Else My Partners Letters (breach Of Privacy) Maybes

Oh Forgot To Mention We Did Offer To Pay Something To Start With But Got A Very Horrible No Replie, As We Are On Benefits And Partner Suffers From Panic Attacks And Agraphobia.

Any Thoughts, Advice

I'm not to clever with parking tickets (but i think the fees are well over the top)

questions people will ask in an effort to help you

did you receive a letter from the bailiff before he came to your house

how many times has the bailiff been to your home

has the done levy

hi he has not done a levy he turned up once on a saturday about 7am dressed like a builder and went to put letter through door and again week later my mum opened door he gave her 2 pieces of paper for her to read and that is it had loads of letters through post and 2 warrant of executions but local court dont think they are offical

All advice offered is based purely on my own dealings and the help and support i have had from this site.

Copying an of my postings is perfectly fine with me but you may wish to check the spellings.:D

Newyns are a bunch of crooks. I had the samething. Same initial fee, different charges! - Ive tried to get a subject access request from them and they refuse to supply the bailiffs name, dates of visits etc.

Check out this link Screw The Bailiff

Also it may be worth filling out forms PE2/3 - That will revoke any action and send it back to the local authority. Obviously you need a decent reason to fill it in tho!

thanks for the replies guys

still getting lots of letters saying he is in the area and will call soon but still not seen him.the we have recieved another 4 letters since but to my surprise the amount has not changed YET.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi hope someone can help with this,

i have(partner) been chased for parking fines by council yes went to far into the hands of newlyn and yes we should of paid but didnt so now have to deal with these baliffs,

we have recieved lots of letters from newlyn and ignored them until today they are saying that they are coming to our house and taking our things,

the letter says exactly.our baliffs will return without notice with transportation to remove your goods and chattels even in your absences if necessary the total due is £935.95.

they also say they are working on a warrant of execution issued by northampton parking enforcement (county court).

there are 2 fines £155 each we have not seen these peolpe yet they did call once when we were out and handed a letter to my mother the letter was not in an enevelope just a piece of paper so she could read it,

can they take our goods without levy, can they charge this amount,and can the balliff just hand my partners letters to anyone please help.

oh when we got first phone call from these people we offered to pay but would not except less then half the amount owed we are on benefits as partner suffers from panic attacks and finds it hard to leave the house unless with me(on a good day).

Decky75 I cant help on the questions I'm afraid but if they have a warrent of execution then I think you need to follow the instructions in this thread to get it set aside.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-knowledge/9803-ccjs-warrants-execution.html

A recent CAG posting on same subject:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bailiffs-sheriff-officers/83741-bailiff-clamping-unpaid-parking.html

Info on bailiffs and rights against them re:Parking fines can be found here also (Link to CAB)

http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/t_parking_fines.pdf

Hope this helps, if nothing else your now bumped back to the top of the stack of posts.

S.

Edited by the_shadow