Double Yellow painted after having parked!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5362 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

This didn't actually happen but for purposes of knowing how you all think the council can be brough to book for regularly flaunting the rules in order that they may increase monies made through parking penalties.

I do not believe they actually plan to operate this way but it certainly does seem to me that they are aware and are reluctant to do anything about it; they never accept accusations of malpractice and it just seems to go on happening.

With my own eyes I've seen them operate in ways that can only be regarded as fraudulent and deceptive and so would like to know why it is that we can only ever seem to apply for our money back when this sort of thing happens? How in this case would the council ever find any incentive to change if no risk of punishment exists?

Imagine if you returned to find your car towed and you had evidence that the council lifted your car off the ground, painted 2 double yellow lines on the ground beneath it, issued a PCN for parking on a double yellow and then towing it away? Would any of you call that fraud/deception? or would you simply consider it grounds for appeal?

Many thanks...really appreciate all replies

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This didn't actually happen but for purposes of knowing how you all think............

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Beck

"There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. one is by the Sword. The other is by Debt."

Barclaycard PPI Refund £4300:whoo:

Barclaycard = Mexican Stand Off

TSB = Mexican Stand Off

Santander = :mad2: MungyPup is coming to get yahh :mad2:

Imagine if you returned to find your car towed and you had evidence that the council lifted your car off the ground, painted 2 double yellow lines on the ground beneath it, issued a PCN for parking on a double yellow and then towing it away? Would any of you call that fraud/deception? or would you simply consider it grounds for appeal?

You sure you havent been watching beadle's About;) or candid Camera

You sure you havent been watching beadle's About;) or candid Camera

I wish I had..now what would you do about it if that had happened to you?

Would you leave simply just apply to get your money back or would you expect something more?

This didn't actually happen but for purposes of knowing how you all think the council can be brough to book for regularly flaunting the rules in order that they may increase monies made through parking penalties

Er so it has happened then?

And what do you think?

Well, You do seem to be on your soap box a bit

so what if....................

I owned a place called Hadley Rille

That would mean I could charge NASA 38 years of parking offences for the Lunar Rover

and I could employ You as the first Space Cadet enforcement officer

so what if....................You parked in a suspended bay and got towed because you failed to comply with the notice

so what if....................You felt aggreived because they towed You

so what if....................You finaly listen to what other members of this forum have been saying on your other thread

so what if.................... I can't be bothered anymore

Edited by Beck1968

Beck

"There are two ways to conquer and enslave a nation. one is by the Sword. The other is by Debt."

Barclaycard PPI Refund £4300:whoo:

Barclaycard = Mexican Stand Off

TSB = Mexican Stand Off

Santander = :mad2: MungyPup is coming to get yahh :mad2:

The Police or Council can legally remove any vehicle that is causing an obstruction for example in the case of emergency utility works, so you cannot claim for them doing so, there is no legal right to park anywhere on the highway. If you are charged for the towing and/or fined for parking in the location unjustly you can appeal to get the monies returned.

So, why not just post the story in the 1st place instead of going all round the houses?

Caggers are a wonderful breed & have the patience & tolerance for nearly every person & their problems but please show some respect by giving the full story & how this is affecting you.

I wouldn't consider it either fraud or deception. I would consider it incompetence on the part of the people doing the lines and lack of communication with both the parking attendant and tow truck.

In terms of what you would do - get your car out, get your money back then complain long and hard about the idiot who authorised the tow (assuming of course they had a rational alternative to towing).

So, why not just post the story in the 1st place instead of going all round the houses?

Caggers are a wonderful breed & have the patience & tolerance for nearly every person & their problems but please show some respect by giving the full story & how this is affecting you.

Please go ahead and read my only other post so you too may be as helpful as Becky1968

I wouldn't consider it either fraud or deception. I would consider it incompetence on the part of the people doing the lines and lack of communication with both the parking attendant and tow truck.

In terms of what you would do - get your car out, get your money back then complain long and hard about the idiot who authorised the tow (assuming of course they had a rational alternative to towing).

Hi jamberson and thank you for CONSTRUCTIVE contribution..I wish a few in here would take a leaf out of your book.

Admittedly I have seen some pretty incompetent behaviour in my time, and by the council, but I have also observed Parking Agents flaunting legislation and their own rules; only to be fobbed off or given half baked excused by a disinterested parking shop supervisor whenever I have called in to raise it.

Are we always to assume that council bodies and/or those that work within them never knowingly break the law or their own rules?

Edited by gazawee

Well, You do seem to be on your soap box a bit

so what if....................

I owned a place called Hadley Rille

That would mean I could charge NASA 38 years of parking offences for the Lunar Rover

and I could employ You as the first Space Cadet enforcement officer

so what if....................You parked in a suspended bay and got towed because you failed to comply with the notice

so what if....................You felt aggreived because they towed You

so what if....................You finaly listen to what other members of this forum have been saying on your other thread

so what if.................... I can't be bothered anymore

So what if....................you actually had something intelligent to say

What if...................you just didn't like my response to those that behave just like you

Plausible questions?

Then what if....................you just ignored threads containing questions that are too difficult for you?

Actually, what if...............you had some manners?

Parking attendants and the people painting lines have absolutely nothing to gain by flouting rules, and are at risk of being abused by the public and facing disciplinary action if they cause issues unnecessarily. I take the view that it's more often incompetence or a 'couldn't care less' attitude rather than an actual desire to cause problems for the car owner.

Its funny how the odd mistake is always made to seem like the norm whilst in reality thousands of PCNs are issued correctly every day to motorists who break the law. Idiots who try to justify there own stupidity by claiming the Council are guilty of fraud because the yellow lines are the wrong shade of yellow or the lines are invalid due to having a break where they pass over a rain water drain grill just make me laugh. People who run off crying to the papers because they got a CCTV PCN whilst parking on a bus stop which was unfair cos there was no CCTV signs, its a bus stop for godness sake you would have thought the big red box, metre high yellow writing on the road and queue of people was a bit of a hint but no of course its the Councils fault....as usual! :rolleyes:

No. We are always to assume that councils regularly break the rules with their own full knowledge of what they are doing.

GWC it certainly feels that way..and I have seen lots of incidents of it happening but the question is..how do we hold them to account? Are we not entitled to compensation for their 'supposed' mistakes..or is it just a one way street?

Sigh!

its a bus stop for godness sake you would have thought the big red box, metre high yellow writing on the road and queue of people was a bit of a hint but no of course its the Councils fault....as usual! :rolleyes:

Must be unique to London G&M, there is no way that a big red box is a valid bus stop anywhere else. It has to be yellow.

023113bd.gif

Parking attendants and the people painting lines have absolutely nothing to gain by flouting rules, and are at risk of being abused by the public and facing disciplinary action if they cause issues unnecessarily. I take the view that it's more often incompetence or a 'couldn't care less' attitude rather than an actual desire to cause problems for the car owner.

Probably is incompetence in the majority of cases but that still doesn't explain their reluctance to address this when contronted with evidence.

The frequency at which this sort of thing is happening certainly seems to point the other way and even more frustration is born out of the lack of transparency and willigness to correct themselves.

The parking contractors certainly do seem to benefit from taking a lax view of their own incompetence when it nets them record profits ever year. This translates into pressure on the officers walking the street to issue ever increasing number of PCN's

It is funny though how at collecting money issued for PCN's they do nto seem anywhere near as incompetent!

Its funny how the odd mistake is always made to seem like the norm whilst in reality thousands of PCNs are issued correctly every day to motorists who break the law. Idiots who try to justify there own stupidity by claiming the Council are guilty of fraud because the yellow lines are the wrong shade of yellow or the lines are invalid due to having a break where they pass over a rain water drain grill just make me laugh. People who run off crying to the papers because they got a CCTV PCN whilst parking on a bus stop which was unfair cos there was no CCTV signs, its a bus stop for godness sake you would have thought the big red box, metre high yellow writing on the road and queue of people was a bit of a hint but no of course its the Councils fault....as usual! :rolleyes:

I agree for the reasons you quoted that some people give are pretty pathetic, but unfortunately the number of illegitimate PCN’s that go unchallenged each week because of the councils bullying and reluctance to accept their own mistakes is worrying and certainly suggests that they make more than the “odd” mistake.

The argument here is that no one should be above the law; especially those that are meant to uphold it. In much the same way that an HONEST mistake may net honest John a VALID PCN, an honest mistake on part of the council should also entitle the victim to compensation and an apology.

Refunding the victim the money they should not have had to pay in the first place cannot in my view be considered an apology or compensation

Edited by gazawee