From Full Licence to Provisionals!!

hassibabe
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5371 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey guys i've been reading some of the dreadfull cockups DVLA are famous for and unfortunately i seem to have fallen into the same boat thanks to some sod that works there!!

Basicaly 4 weeks ago i applied to exchange my Foreign FULL Licence for a GB one. Yes my licence was valid at the time of exchange and yes it is from a country they exchange licences from and yes i've been in the country less than 12 months and so i meet all the criteria they require in order to exchange my licence for a full GB.

So anyway i go down to Nottingham DVLA to have them check my form out and send off my application, everything in order. 3 weeks later i get a letter from DVLA and whats in the Envelope? My nice new shiny Lice!!?? WT***!! Provisonals??? They sods sent me a blinking provisionals instead of a full licence! I jumped on the phone immediately and asked them what was going on, i was told we'll have a look into it but in the meantime send it back with a covering letter explaining the problem.

So i sent it back with the Provisionals inside and a covering letter explaining that i was exchanging a full foreign licence for a full GB one. Sent it via recorded mail. Waited a few days and called up back up to find out what was going on, they say to me that according to their system i applied for a provisionals!! I said in that case i would like to see my original application so i can satisfy myself that i indeed do that. Was told sorry we can't do that because all your data is sent off on a CD and we don't have access to it, write to us again explaining your problem!! So i asked if they had not already recieved my first letter i sent and the provisionals enclosed, NO, was the response, i said bare with me a sec, checked out Royalmail and the letter was signed for 2 days ago. I said to the DVLA rep i've just checked the royalmail site and it was signed for 2 days ago! BANG, phone went down and that was the end of that!!

So now what do i do? I know i can make a subject access request but i think this will only prove to me that some donkey eneterd Provisionals instead of Full. How do i get to see my original app form because if i did tick Provs then i'm a donkey! Although i'm pretty sure i wasn't that daft!

I have read of people trying to thrash it out with DVLA via letters but i really don't have the patience for that! Can i just not bring them before a court and that way get the matter over and done with?

A SAR is pointless, and will cost you. As you've sent it back, give them the usual 14 days to processs, it probably will be replaced with the correct one... BUT check very carefully that you have the same CLASSIFICATIONS of your old licence, as they are often the first casualty of a licence exchange.