Morgan Stanley now BC, default notice for arrears then closed account

idontknow123
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5370 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

Just found these 2 pieces of paper hiding in my credit card box.

The Default Notice is useless because not giving the 14 clear days (the date is on page 1 not supplied here but I have it).

They then closed the account. (image 2)

Does this mean that I only need to pay them the arrears of the default and that's it, not the total balance?

How should I proceed with this as I was thinking of taking this to court if neccessary to get the default removed and then SAR them to recover charges?

morganstanleydefault.jpg

morganstanleyfinaldemandd.jpg

Edited by idontknow123

Hi IDK,

I think you should start with a CCA request to BC who now own the MS a/c's.

Do you have the a/c statements in your box credit card too? These will show how much you've paid in penalty charges which you can reclaim in full.

Do you have any idea of how the penalty charges would compare to the a/c balance.

Have a read of other BC threads and you'll see most relate to probs getting sight of the credit agreement.

You'll need to try and get the agreement, even though they normally don't send them - only T&C's. :mad:

Getting the Default removed is not going to be quick or easy - prepare for the long-haul.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

I'll send off a the request today for my agreement and SAR them at the same time.

I do remember having charges on this account and from my statements I do have they have been charging PPI which I will also investigate.

In for the long haul indeed :p