Hilarys Blinds poor customer service

wobbles
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5259 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My Pensioner mother purchased roof blinds for her conservatory from Hilarys in April 2008 she paid £500 deposit at the time of order and was told the blinds would be fitted in May 2008.

The blinds where eventually fitted in July 2008 (2months late) and she paid the remaining balance of £500 total payment £1000.

In September 2008 the blinds fell from the conservaty roof and she had to put some ladders under them to stop them completely falling and damaging her roof, someone from Hilarys eventually came out after numerous phone calls in November 2008 and took the blinds away to be repaired, this was the last time my mother saw the blinds, the fitter kept making excuses, he was on holiday, he broke his arm, he broke his leg etc.

My mother rang head office who promised to investigate, then herad nothing for 2 months so she rang them again, they got a fitter to phone her, he told her the original fitter had had lots of complaints about him and he had been sacked. Then the new fitter never turned up.

I sent them a email 3 weeks ago telling them they had 14 days to rectify the problems or refund her in full her £1000 or she would issue county court proceedings to recover her money as the blinds where obviously not fit for purpose or up to standard and for the last 8 months she had had no blinds.

They totally ignored the email, tonight they left a message saying they hope the problems had been solved now that the fitter had been out ( not seen a fitter in months)

Any Idea as to how we would word the court papers?

Thanks in advance

Guest Old_andrew2018

This is not the only thread regarding Hilary's (hilarious) Blinds, they really are a joke, you can always contact your local trading standards and ask them to get involved.

Edited by old_andrew2007

Hi wobbles.l work for a company who make all sorts of different blinds l make the vertical blinds.and at our company which is famliy run it is ut most for customer satisfaction.our boss,s go out fitting all over the uk.any complaints they will sort it out quick as possible.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Update,

Yes the letter was headed letter before action, applied to the courts and deemed served on 16th August, Mum Recieved phone call from Hilarys on 20th August saying they will refund her the full cost of the blinds but will have to come and collect the remaining blinds, mum told them that was fine but they could not collect them until she had recieved cleared funds in her account. No cheque arrived as yet but according to Court documents they have until 1st september to respond.

I worked for Hillary's Blinds for a year at head office in Notts.

Yes the customer service wasnt great but I dont think its terribly professional for a rival company to openly slate them on a public forum.

THE PRETENDER AGENDA - August 30,2008 - 2ND ROW!!! WOO-HOO!! :-)

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR A FAB NITE LEE! xx

Sunderland 011008 - THE BEST BIRTHDAY PRESSIE EVER! 'Aww, it's your birthday! Happy birthday darlin!'

02 Apr 2008, 23:55

OfficialLeeRyan wrote:

i like that!! its simple and good and gets the fans involved aswell x x x

MY SUCCESSES -

1st Credit (Lloyds TSB) admitted no CCA, reply from OFT 130608, reply from FOS 040608, adjudication stage rejected but still no contact....

My mate (Littlewoods/Moorcroft)

300608 -Long running battle,threatening court, CCA letter NO 2 and harrassment letter sent - passed back to Littlewoods early July.

070808 - Passed to Debt Managers, Acct in dispute/BOG OFF letter sent 080808...

140808 - Letter from Debt Managers passing debt back to Littlewoods - RESULT! :D

Guest Old_andrew2018

Hi Mrs Ryan,

For future reference is there someone at Hillary's who you would recommend contacting if there was a concern rather than having to speak to different operatives each time.

Thanks

Andy

Hi

My Mum received two cheques yesterday one for the refund of £1000 and the other for the £65 court fee, her bank said they will be cleared on Tuesday, so will fill in the court forms on wednesday to say they have paid.

Wobbles

• 2 weeks later...

We (unfortunately) have just bought some sun blinds from Hillary's for a newly fitted bay window.

We were always under the impression that Hillary's was a company of repute who took pride in their work but the people (agents???) who Hillary's used to put up the blinds botched the job. They are nothing but a bunch of rank amateurs.

(The sun blinds brackets are attached to uPVC and I would normally have sorted this out myself but I am afraid of damaging the uPVC by leaving unsightly holes in it if I removed the brackets to put the blinds where I want them and where they should have originally been put).

On calling Hillary's to arrange for an adviser to come and look at the job with a view to fixing it, I was put on the phone after 20 minutes to an aggressive smarmy supercilious toe rag (who was afraid to give me his name) only to be told that the agents had claimed the job was 100% perfect.

They have offered to come and look at the job but the point is that anyone who so vigorously defends sloppy workmanship before even seeing it should not be trusted and I certainly don't want those same fitters coming back to botch the job up even more than they already have done.

My recommendation is that people give Hillary's sun blinds a WIDE berth especially in you want sun blinds for a bay window.

They quite simply cannot be trusted to do a good professional job as they hire freelance agents to do their (SLOPPY) work for them.

PS/... the quality of their sun blinds is nowhere near as good as they used to be either.

We (unfortunately) have just bought some sun blinds from Hillary's for a newly fitted bay window.

We were always under the impression that Hillary's was a company of repute who took pride in their work but the people (agents???) who Hillary's used to put up the blinds botched the job. They are nothing but a bunch of rank amateurs.

(The sun blinds brackets are attached to uPVC and I would normally have sorted this out myself but I am afraid of damaging the uPVC by leaving unsightly holes in it if I removed the brackets to put the blinds where I want them and where they should have originally been put).

On calling Hillary's to arrange for an adviser to come and look at the job with a view to fixing it, I was put on the phone after 20 minutes to an aggressive smarmy supercilious toe rag (who was afraid to give me his name) only to be told that the agents had claimed the job was 100% perfect.

They have offered to come and look at the job but the point is that anyone who so vigorously defends sloppy workmanship before even seeing it should not be trusted and I certainly don't want those same fitters coming back to botch the job up even more than they already have done.

My recommendation is that people give Hillary's sun blinds a WIDE berth especially in you want sun blinds for a bay window.

They quite simply cannot be trusted to do a good professional job as they hire freelance agents to do their (SLOPPY) work for them.

PS/... the quality of their sun blinds is nowhere near as good as they used to be either.

Your answer to that is that the agent is not the customer, you are, and unless they fit them to your satisfaction, you will get someone in who will and bill them for it, through the courts if necessary.

Edited by Conniff

• 2 months later...