• Tweets

• Farooq v evri is the judgement you want in.   Do you have a copy of do you want me to upload it again here?
    • I have added the correct format for the court. Country Court ..... as it was on the letter today, other letter had the justice.... . That is on the unredacted copy sent to admins email.   Which Evri judgement, could you give me a steer? Wadhwa one?   It's not in dispute, bar that paragraph you picked up. I was looking at that one, and I do agree it's pointless. Thank you for your help.
    • Firstly, and sorry for not asking earlier but have you submitted your DQ yet?
    • As suggested by JK2054 I'll email Evri to their small claims email address, attaching the label and collection receipt and quoting the Money Claims ref number. Is there anything else in addition to sending the email I should do at this stage? Rgds, J
    • Hi, I'd change justice centre to county court. I also wouldn't be including a telegraph article in the bundle. It doens't prove anything law and you don't have distribution rights on it. I also wouldn't personally break down the exhibits on the index page, normally people have a seperate page for this right before the exhibits. The main index page normally just says Exhibits to WX of [Your Name] or at least that's the format I use/see people here use, although really it makes minimal difference.   I also see that despite referencing several judgements you haven't included the EVRi one   paragraph 46 really needs to go imo it has nothing to do with anything. Your in court to apply the law to your case, not to tell the judge about a newspaper that means nothing to your claim.   I also see you've adopted the issues in dispute/not in dispute, which is also known as a scott schedule. if you are taking this approach, for things not in dispute I would say this needs to be things that are agreed between parties, not things like "There is no dispute that I am happy to supply all this evidence which is included in the court bundle." I would say that issues in dispute is to focus on the aspects of the claim that are in dispute, such as whether liability is limited by insurance or not, so I'd be changing that accordingly.   BF should be along shortly to advise on things.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Welcome Finance Question.

pwg6565
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2414 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I will take a nose later when things slow down a bit at work Post. I really want you to know how much I appreciate your help. I am just a little worried today after getting that Default Notice.

Will the F.O.S. pick up on these contract problems without me telling them ? And do I send on this Default Notice to them ?

Re-write signed 29/7/08.

Does this mean my dispute is no good ???

Edited by pwg6565
Added info.

do not do a thing with the default notice

thats your ace in the hole

if they issue a claim against you, all they will be entitled to are any arrears up to the default notice, thats it

pay that with in 28 days and no ccj and kiss the rest goodby

That sounds better. Will just ignore the notice for now. Do I just wait now and see what happens regarding F.O.S. and Default etc ?

Found this.

Consumer Credit Act 1974 s 127(3)

As the draftsman of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 I would like to thank Dr Richard Lawson for his interesting and well-argued article (30 August 2003) on Wilson v First County TrustLtd [2003] UKHL 40, [2003] 4 All ER 97.

Dr Lawson may be interested to know that I included the provision in question (section 127(3)) entirely on my own initiative. It seemed right to me that if the creditor company couldn’t be bothered to ensure that all the prescribed particulars were accurately included in the credit agreement it deserved to find it unenforceable, and that the court should not have power to relieve it from this penalty. Nobody queried this, and it went through Parliament without debate. I’m glad the House of Lords has now vindicated my reasoning and confirmed that nobody’s human rights were infringed.

Sorry to jump in

Post, im assuming wilson v first county trust ltd would be helpful in my case due to prescribed terms not being accurate?

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

All In Hand Beyond For Obviouse Reasons

All Will Become Clear

Ime Having To Double Check On The Amendmants April 2007 CCA 1974

Dont Want To End Up With Egg On My Face

IS MY AGREEMENT ENFORCEABLE( Via section 127(3) CCA1974)

PRESCRIBED TERMS FOR THE PURPOSES OF SECTIONS 61(1)(0) AND 127(3) OF THE

CONSUMER CREDIT ACT 1974 Taken from sced.6(1983/1553) regulations

(If you just want to find out, skip the bits in between the stars it’s just some extra information)

**What do we mean by unenforceable?

In the Consumer Credit Act section 127 there is a provision for making an agreement unenforceable if it does not contain certain pieces of information.

Subsections 1,2,3,4 state which pieces of information these are, and everything mentioned there must be included within the body of the agreement, if one is missing the agreement is unenforceable.

How does unenforceable differ from enforceable with a court order only?

When an agreement is unenforceable it means that the court or the judge cannot make a ruling on it. The court cannot make it enforceable.

When an agreement is enforceable only by ruling of the court it means that the agreement can be stopped by the debtor but the court has the power to re-instate it and allow the credit to continue to enforce.**

The Pescribed Terms are these

A Amount of credit

A term stating the amount of credit

B Repayments

A term stating how the debtor is to discharge his obligations under the agreement to make the repayments, which may be expressed by reference to a combination of any of the following-

(a) Number of repayments;

(b) Amount of repayments;

© Frequency and timing of repayments;

(d) Dates of repayments;

(e) The manner in which any of the above may be determined; or in any other way, and any power of the creditor to vary what is payable.

C Rate of interestlink3.gif

A term stating the rate of interestlink3.gif to be applied to the credit issued under the agreement

D Credit limit

This may be a term or the manner in which it will be determined or that there is no credit limit.

--------------------------

Which of these applies to you depends on the type of agreement you have?

For a Running Account (credit card) agreement

BC and D Apply

For a Restricted Use Debtor Creditor Supplier

• Where the dealer is the supplier and the creditor is the one providing the finance.
  • The money can only be used for the purpose it is given.
  • There is no interestlink3.gif on the purchase (the cash price is the same as the total price)
  • And there is no advance payment

A is applicable

For a fixed Sum Credit Agreement

A conventional credit agreement with none of the above restrictions

A and B apply

For a Hire Agreement

B is Applicable

This paper only covers section 127(3) of the Act agreements can also be unenforceable by contravention of sections 1 and4 this will be the subject of the next paper.

Please note that these Prescribed terms where not changed in any way by the 2004/1482 Ammendments although the form in which they appear on the agreement was. Subsection127(3) was repealed on the 6th of April 2007 so that unenforceability due to 127(3) will only apply to agreemens executed before that date.

No worries post just want to read up and understand what im going with so to speak :)

so for a hp agreement it would be repayments....is how im reading it anyway...sorry pwg will stop jumping on your thread and go ponder outloud on my own lol

I am a consumer just like you, please get a second opinion or investigate yourself on anything I advise as I am in no way legally trained. Everything I know has come from the Mighty CAG and fellow CAGGERS. :cool:

If I have helped in any way please click my reputation star and make a donation to CAG to enable us all to continue to help each other :cool:

Thanks for that Post. It will take a while for me to digest and hopefully understand. I get the idea that when the contract was given to me it was not clear exactly how much it was going to cost ?? Therefore did not show the true amount payable ??

Will the F.O.S. pick up on these bits of information that are so important or do I need to tell them ??

I do try to understand and do a lot myself but knowledge is still very limited. At this stage is there anything else I should mention because I know you suspect more errors ? In your opinion do you think Welcome will play there hand with this Default or do you think it may be a threat because of the contact they have had from the F.O.S. ? How could they be so stupid to mess up on the Default which was not even signed and printed over a week ago ??

Welcome Will Not Dare Do Anything With The Fos Involved

Check Back Tomorow Evening And I Will List All The Things Wrong With The Agreement

Just Getting Your Gray Cells Going So You Can Help Future Caggers

Dont Tell No One On The Crap Default Notice And I Mean No One

All understood Post and once again very much appreciated.

I do try and help out others on here and am picking up bits and bobs from yourself and I will take this all the way with your help !! No backing down until the end result !!!

Are the figures left out to stop people from actually seeing what they would be paying back over a period of time ? If that is the case how can this be legal at all.

I am sure if it had been expalined to me in the way you did that I would be repaying over £ 73000 when I didnt even get a cheque I would have said get stuffed !!! I feel mugged off at this moment in time !!!

I hate to think how much of that original £23,000 includes all those charges in the first place. Do you know I only remember ever getting £ 5000 cash off this lot.

monthly payment £245.98

interestlink3.gif £50,609.61

total payable £73,792.78

welcomes total payable is £73932

How have they got away with tricks like that for so long ? It is so unfair and I thank you for pointing it out.

They must be aware that my contract stinks and should say the full amount payable ?

How will a judge see the CCA Post ?

Just a question everyone.

Is it possible for someone to put a claim in against Welcome for the problems they have caused with peoples personal life ie, stress, harrassment ??

Seems as though Welcome are busy this week. Recieved a Notice of Default Sums today, another £ 10 added. Thought they could not add these charges with account in dispute ?

I got one of these today aswell, I have 3 complaints ongoing with the FOS. seems like welscum can do what they want.

As always please check and double check what myself and other Caggers inform.

If you like my Post please dont be shy give my Scales a little tickle :-)

Right Postggj.......

Its my last night at work this week and I would like to get to grips with this follow on letter to the F.O.S regarding contract failures etc.

So any news please ????

Lets get cracking. I really want to have a crack at this Welcome bunch !!!!

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks dawny. How you doing ?

Not bad thanks pwg.

No response to our account in dispute letter yet....We havn't signed the new agreement they sent us but have today received a final settlement figure from them of 65% of the balance owing.....which is still about 50% more than he borrowed LOL

Why dont they answer the questions we ask instead of sending something totally different???:?:

Dawnx

They seem to take an age Dawny. Must be all of the complaints they are dealing with...Or not dealing with !!!

Ozzy and Beyond...Need to send something off to F.O.S. regarding contract failures, Post did the figures for me but I have waited a couple of weeks now and dont have anymore info....Can you help please ???

so you have a £23183.17 loan over 300 months (25 years) @ 12.8 % apr

you ready for this

monthly payment £245.98

interest £50,609.61

total payable £73,792.78

welcomes total payable is £73932

total charge for credit should be (m) acceptance fee £235

mif (n) £0.00 and £50609.61 interest

total charge for credit £50844.61

total amount of credit has been mis-stated

total amount payable has been mis-stated

apr is in tolerence level

its 13 % the true figure but needs to be 0.5 below or 1 % above to make a difference

These are the figures that were hidden when I signed the re-write.