style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5370 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Back at the beginning of July I posted this topic about how a Martson's bailiff had turned up at my door demanding a payment of £727 in full, or he would have to force entry with a locksmith and take goods. Despite the fact I tried to explain that barely anything in the house is mine (Parents house), and that I am just a student and couldn't afford to pay in full, but would make a payment of £100 on the day and arrange a plan.

He wasn't interested in taking a part payment, which was probably the worst move he made because I imagine i'd still be dealing with them if I gave them any money.

Anyway, after frantically trying to research every possible avenue to take to have the fine returned to the court I eventually found a website called Bailiff Mediation which seemed to offer the service I was looking for. I gave John Gаlt a ring to ask what I should be doing, and he gave me some advice, and explained that what he really offers is a service where he will pretty much handle everything and have the fine returned for a fee, and if he failed (Which he claimed he hadn't) he would refund my money.

Dubiuously I decided to make a half payment and see where it would lead. He e-mailed me a custom statutory decleration later in the night after I had sent him all the documents I had from the court and marstons, and told me i'd need to go to a solicitor and have it stamped and swear on it the next morning, which I did first thing. I e-mailed him these and he made sure the court and Marstons had a copy.

The bailiff turned up the next day, and following advice I made sure there was no oppertunity for him to gain himself 'peaceful' entry and handed him a copy of the decleration through the letterbox... at the time he laughed about it saying "Oh this is novel"... well, I guess i'm laughing now.

Anyway, after returning to his car to read this, and make several phonecalls which I observed him do, he returned to start telling me he is going to get a locksmith and force entry, until he saw that I was recording him, and promptly left.

After not hearing anything from him after two weeks, I received a court summons which was just what I needed. I didn't need to do any explaining at the court, they were happy that I had kept the money I would have been paying them while all this was going on, and not only did I get my fine returned to court... because I was not in court for the original hearing where the fine was made, they over-estimated my earnings (By alot!) and reduced my fine by a further £250!

I went from owing Marstons £720, to owing the court £210. Excellent :)

Edited by Mozzer3k