You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

missbling

Council Mobile Cameras mounted on car roofs

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3986 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi my local council has a car parked up with a huge pole and a camera mounted on the top of it. It parks them down country lanes and also near main roads. They are displayed as CCTV in partnership with local councils.

Does anyone know what these cameras are used for as they are parked in country lanes where there is no parking or chance of anyone living close by to be monitored.?

My first thought were Are these a new type of speed camera. I looked on the speed camera websites but can't find this type of camera..... they take pictures of on coming traffic rather than as its gone past......Interested to know what an earth they are doing and whose is making money out of them

Thank you again for your help.

Take a note of a VRM for one of these vehicles and ask the Council under freedom of Information what the function of the vehicle is?

Manchester police are using them to catch people chatting on mobiles.

Hi my local council has a car parked up with a huge pole and a camera mounted on the top of it. It parks them down country lanes and also near main roads. They are displayed as CCTV in partnership with local councils.

Does anyone know what these cameras are used for as they are parked in country lanes where there is no parking or chance of anyone living close by to be monitored.?

My first thought were Are these a new type of speed camera. I looked on the speed camera websites but can't find this type of camera..... they take pictures of on coming traffic rather than as its gone past......Interested to know what an earth they are doing and whose is making money out of them

Thank you again for your help.

My local Council (Southend) admitted using these, heres a feature from the local rag which discuses the legality of them..

Spy car fines will be valid, council says (From Echo)