You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

Sign in to follow this  
London000

London v another 4556 closed acc.

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3992 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi there,

I am back again with a diff. acc which was now closed.

I have asked them for CCA, then Halifax or should I say Mrs Anne Gartshore(who else) did send me the application form signed by me and them back in 98.

She also sent a letter in which it says:

The above account no. is no longer on our records. If ths is an old number please contact us with the new acc, no.

Section 78 only applies during the lifetime of the agreement. If the above number account has been closed, there is no longer a regulated agreement between ourselves.

In view of the above, we are unable to provide you with documentation as requested.

Should you require further information you may contact us on the above number(and she did not have any contact number above)???

Signed

A. Gartshore

I would like to ask everyone for help.

I have drafted a letter in this matter but as I am useless in legal stuff your help would be a big help....

Here is my letter:

Re: FORMAL REQUEST UNDER THE CONSUMER CREDIT ACT 1974

Dear Ms/Mrs. Anne Gartshore,

Thank you for your letter dated 6th of August2009 and received on the 8th of August 2009.

I would like to bring to your attention the followings:

• I would like a disclosure of the agreement for this account even if the account was closed using the relevant part of the Act or sections in this matter.
  • If there is no longer in your records, then, why you have sent this application form.
  • I would like to ask you if an application form is actually considered an agreement and why?
  • I am asking to review this agreement as you are expected to have stored it for future reference. As you have had the application form, then you should have all the relevant documents in place in order to comply with my request whether it is under the section 77/78 or any other parts of the Act.

In addition, you have asked me to contact you on the above number but there was no number given.

I require you to provide me with a true copy of the credit agreement relating to the above account, together with any other documentation the Act requires you to provide. You are reminded that you are obliged to supply these documents and should you fail to comply with my request, the necessary provisions under the CCA 1974 will apply.

I expect you to comply fully and properly with this request, within the statutory time limit of 14 days.

Kind regards,:-?:-?:-?

Just out of interest, why are you asking for a CCA on a closed account?

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

Just out of interest, why are you asking for a CCA on a closed account?

Hi yourbank,

I have asked them for the return o all the charges.....including PPI. What they have sent...the application form with already ticked where the PPI boxes supposed to be ticked by me not already ticked....as it does say and I quote:" If you want these services please mark the relevant boxes"......

Anyway nothing came through as per my cherges request ..so I thought I would ask them for CCA to see if there was an agreement in place ...???No??

If there wasn't as they said in their letter then..how could it be?:?

Trying my luck.

Many thanks again for that.

DD

Hi yourbank,

I have asked them for the return o all the charges.....including PPI. What they have sent...the application form with already ticked where the PPI boxes supposed to be ticked by me not already ticked....as it does say and I quote:" If you want these services please mark the relevant boxes"......

Anyway nothing came through as per my cherges request ..so I thought I would ask them for CCA to see if there was an agreement in place ...???No??

If there wasn't as they said in their letter then..how could it be?:?

Trying my luck.

Many thanks again for that.

DD

Apologies mate, but if there is no CCA and something is closed or paid off, what is the relevance(and I am asking cos I don't know the answer)?

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

Sign in to follow this