You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

Sindlesham65

Advice Required - Shoplifting

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3986 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi there - on Saturday I went shopping in Eastcote with my partner at their local Budgens store. My partner, who was quite intoxicated, walked around the store collecting things that he needed as did I. We met up at the tills at the rear of the store where I was paying for my items, I assumed that he had already paid for his. Some time later we visited a local pub where he told me, quite proudly, that he had stolen his items. The conversation degenerated and I left. he followed me to my car (the stolen items were in the boot) and tried to assault me, then he tried to set fire to the rear headrest of my car (the roof was down giving him access). I refused to return the items to him and his threats of violence increased so I managed to get into my car, which he then spat on several times, collected my things from his home and left to return to my home.

When I returned home I emailed both Budgens and the Met Police to tell them what had happened. I still have the items in my posession and have offered to return them, but as I live 35 miles away it wont be instant.

My now ex-partner is currently sporting an electronic tag, monitored by Serco, for driving his mothers car and crashing it, without insurance, and being 3 times over the legal limit.

He has been contacting me via text message today telling me that he is appearing in court tomorrow and that I need to get in touch with him as the incident in Budgens involved me. I am in no hurry to speak to him but am concerned that he may have implicated me in some way as we both arrived at Budgens and left together, although only I paid for my shopping (I have the receipt).

I have also stressed to the Met Police that I am concerned for my own safety due to his violent nature.

I need to know what, if any, charges could be brought against me and what further charges he is likely to receive given that he is already tagged.

Please help, I am extremely worried.

Many thanks

Unless you have received a court summons you have no need to attend the court.

Have the police been back in touch regarding the shoplifting incident?

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

No - I have received or heard nothing other than from my ex-partner/

He won't have been charged for the shoplifting offence otherwise you would have been interviewed as a witness. He's just trying to get you to attend his hearing.

How long ago did you contact the police?

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

you did the right thing and no need to worry about it. best thing to do ring police and chase it up with them, there must have an non-emergency number, explain again and see what there have to say, maybe a police will come round take a statement and take the items from you to return. you will have to provide details of your ex-partner and the police may check cctv if there was any, which is there is, then will prove your innocence

I contacted the Police on Sunday and the same with Budgens. I will contact the Police though and see where I stand. Thank you

It's early days for the police to get back to you really. I'm suprised Budgens haven't been back in touch though. Under the circumstances I would think they would be happy to receive their goods back & doubt very much whether they would want to press charges & under those circumstances I doubt whether the police would pursue it any further.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I have spoken again to the Met Police who have confirmed that I have nothing to worry about. I have tried, without fail, to call Budgens and will keep trying. Thank you all for your help.

That's good, now forget about that no-mark of an ex & meet someone better. ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]