You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

abbeyhater2

Pc Rip Off

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3986 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

My niece bought a toshiba laptop on Saturday from Comet. On the advice that as it was a present, if the other party did not like it, it could be returned and a full refund or swap given.

The shop assistant opened the seal, and showed her the laptop.

When I went to the store to speak to the manager.

He said that they do not need to provide infromation or show the custome the disclaimer that once a seal has been opened, it cannot eb given a full refund. They wanted to charge 105 of the total to take it back as returend goods.

Surely there must be a way under trade descriptions act, trading standards misselling a product.

He offered a gift voucher, but she took the pc and I took pics of the disclaimer and location:-x

If she was told it could be returned or changed and the disclosure is part of the contract and you were not shown it or had it explained to you, they have sold it to her by misrepresentation.

You should write to head office with all the information and demand a full refund.