Can Anyone Help Me Make Sense Of These ?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5371 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I asked for clarification of account and now I'm completely confused - I have paid what they said was the outstanding balance (as I was due to go away and did not want there to be any chance of these bullies harrassing my elderly mother).

Do these charges seem right to you ? I'll put my hands up to two unpaid parking tickets, letter fees and begrudgingly a visit fee (as I was behind the door when he put it throught and would have paid it there and then if he had knocked).

(Sorry I'm new ! ) This apparently shows how I still owed £207.51 despite having paid the PCNs!

img002.jpg

img003.jpg

Edited by DAISY23

Ahhh so I paid the tickets and letter fees but owed £71.81 for two "First Visit" fees - so they sent another Bailiff with "Notice to Remove" at a cost of £130 odd to collect it - hey presto I owe £207 ! What a license to print money eh !

(I would've paid if he'd knocked so thats why I didnt pay for the "First Visits" - he must have skipped like a ballerina for me not to have heard him on our gravel)

if you look at your statements you will see that the bailiff has charged a first visit fee for both accounts on the same day

this is called multiple charges and the bailiff cant do this

Notice to Remove" at a cost of £130

why did the bailiff leave this

did you have an agreement to pay and miss a payment

Hurrah Halowitch !

- multiple charges - I didnt think they could but they have argued that they can

- nope - that is what they charged to call (without knocking again) to collect the outstanding £71 (which if above is correct should be £32.90)

The Notice of Removal Expenses was included in Subject Access Request Bundle which I am trying to make sense of now !

this is how you must make your complaint

It must be remembered that a bailiff enforcing a debt for council tax, National Non Domestic Rates (NNDR) or an unpaid parking ticket is working as a agent for the local authority.

In this, the local authority cannot simply abdicate responsibility for the actions of their contractor as ultimately, it is the responsibility of the local authority to ensure that a levy is carried out in a lawful manner and that the fees charged by their agents are in accordance with statutory regulations.

Following a discussion with the Local Government Ombudsman's Office (LGO) they have advised that if you have a Compliant for the Council about their bailiff's then you MUST do the following:

You must ENSURE that you mark your letter to the local authority: FORMAL COMPLAINT.

Your letter should be addressed to the CHIEF EXECUTIVE and should be COPIED to the COMPLAINTS DEPARTMENT ( this will ensure that it is registered as a formal complaint).

If you are unsatisfied with your response from the local authority then you can take your complaint to the Local Government Ombudsman but they will want to see that you have gone through the councils COMPLAINTS PROCEDURE first and that you have allowed the local authority a maximum period of 12 weeks to respond.

The Local Government Ombudsman's office will need to satisy themselves that you have made it CLEAR to the Local Authority that you are making a FORMAL COMPLAINT

Yes - I received two separate 5 day letters

I paid each completely separately (the system does not let you enter two reference numbers) within 10 mins of each other

I paid £92.88 on the £80 ticket reference which totalled £97.16 inc surcharge

I paid £122.88 on the £110 ticket reference which totalled £128.54 inc surcharge

I rang and queried the allocation of the funds but did not get any sort of satisfactory response - i was told to "butt out" basically - if I asked any sort of tricky question, I was rebuked for being agressive (which I wasnt at all)