Wescot reply to CCA request - want last three addresses

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5344 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've requested that westcot provided me with a true copy of the CCA for a debt they are chasing me for. I used a template I found on here.

They have written back within a couple of days requesting me to cofirm the last three addresses that I have resided at.

They wrote the following:

"In oder for us to comply with your request please confirm the last three addresses that you have resided at.

This information is requested to ensure Wescot Credit Services are not in breach of the data protection act

We look forward to hearing from you in the next 7 days."

Just wondered if anyone could advise how to respond to this?

Any help would be great!

Many Thanks in advance.

haha, what the? "so we do not breach data protection"? lol, in other words they are saying they already have your last 3 addresses but need you to confirm them? i'd say to them that i will confirm by current address and postcode, my name and my DOB, that is enough for data protection.

I think that the statement about them not wanting to breach Data Protection is rubbish.

I'm sure others will have something to say about this.

Az

if i was you i'd send them a letter stating that all they need to get your CCA is the address for which the debt relates to. I was merely giving you an example of the info they "might" need for D.P. purposes.

As Ton says, do not give them any info you don't have to! it's their LEGAL responsibility to get the CCA, not yours.

They didn't need data protection info to slap you with the debt in the first place did they?

Az