• Tweets

• One other point to note, the more I read, the more I study, the more proficient I feel I am becoming in this area. Make no mistake DBCL if you are reading this, when I win in court, if I have the grounds to make any claims against you, such as breach of GDPR, I shall be doing so.
    • Yep, I read that and thought about trying to find out what the consideration and grace period is at Riverside but not sure I can. I know they say "You must tell us the specific consideration/grace period at a site if our compliance team or our agents ask what it is"  but I doubt they would disclose it to the public, maybe I should have asked in my CPR 31.14 letter? Yes, I think I can get rid of 5 minutes. I am also going to include a point about BPA CoP: 13.2 The reference to a consideration period in 13.1 shall not apply where a parking event takes place. I think that is Deception .... They giveth with one hand and taketh away with the other!
    • Six months of conflict have also taken a heavy economic toll.View the full article
    • the Town and Country [advertisments ] Regulations 2007 are not easy to understand. Most Council planing officials don't so it's good that you found one who knows. Although he may not have been right if the rogues have not been "controlling" in the car park for that long. The time only starts when the ANPR signs go up, not how long the area has been used as a car park.   Sadly I have checked Highview out and they have been there since at least 2014 . I have looked at the BPA Code of Practice version 8 which covers 2023 and that states Re Consideration and Grace Periods 13.3 Where a parking location is one where a limited period of parking is permitted, or where drivers contract to park for a defined period and pay for that service in advance (Pay & Display), this would be considered as a parking event and a Grace Period of at least 10 minutes must be added to the end of a parking event before you issue a PCN. It then goes on to explain a bit more further down 13.5 You must tell us the specific consideration/grace period at a site if our compliance team or our agents ask what it is. 13.6 Neither a consideration period or a grace period are periods of free parking and there is no requirement for you to offer an additional allowance on top of a consideration or grace period. _________________________________________________________________________________________________________________So you have  now only overstayed 5 minutes maximum since BPA quote a minimum of 10 minutes. And it may be that the Riverside does have a longer period perhaps because of the size of the car park? So it becomes even more incumbent on you to remember where the extra 5 minutes could be.  Were you travelling as a family with children or a disabled person where getting them in and out of the car would take longer. Was there difficulty finding a space, or having to queue to get out of the car park . Or anything else that could account for another 5 minutes  without having to claim the difference between the ANPR times and the actual times.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Travelodge insurance question and warning

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5058 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Living on a tight budget I use the Travelodge online frequently. Recently they started adding £1 per booking insurance by default unless you un-tick it. As it's only a quid, I started paying it on every booking.

I booked 5 nights (had to book each one separately because their website would not let me book 5 together). Day before travelling went down with food poisoning, and cancelled the five bookings.

Got the claim form, the insurer is Heath Lambert. Filled in the form, got a certificate from my GP, submitted claim along with the booking reference numbers of each of the five bookings.

Heath Lambert say that I must submit every automatically-generated confirmation email that I received from TL regarding my five bookings and my five cancellations.

Because hundreds of emails come into my inbox daily, I habitually delete everything that I deem unecessary. This includes the avalanche of emails I get from TL. So, naturally, I do not have these emails.

Heath Lambert gave me an email address for travelodge customer services and despite 8 emails since 30 June they will not reply. When I phone they tell me they don't keep copies of confirmation emails.

Since I have the booking reference numbers, there is no doubt whatsoever that I had made and paid upfront for these bookings.

I feel that if they MUST have these emails in order to make a claim, then it should say so clearly alongside the "add insurance" box -- you know, warning, you claim will be invalid unless you can produce your confirmation of booking emails and confirmation of cancellation emails.

Are Heath Lambert being unreasonable, or trying to dodge out of paying me? Or am I the one in the wrong here?

I still book with TL, but I now un-tick the insurance box.

SussexLady

I think they are being unreasonable here. A lot of people delete their emails regularly and therefore wouldn't still have copies of the confirmation emails. I don't see why Heath Lambert insist on seeing these emails. Surely Travelodge must have a record of all the bookings you made?

If you still have the booking numbers then it should be OK. If you have any other proof of what you paid for the bookings, such as copies of credit card statements etc, then that should help as well.

Hi Geoff and Lemon

HeathLambert do not dispute that I made the booking or cancelled it. I have the booking reference numbers. But they are sticking to their guns -- no copies of the emails, no payout. I do also have debit card paper trail, but Heathlambert are not interested in that, because they are not disputing the booking.

So what about this ombudsman business? Do I qualify?

Hi,

Have you made a formal complaint verbally or in writing to HL? If not, I would recommend doing so; if no joy, then contact the Financial Ombudsman Service and register your complaint with them, it wont be a quick process though (is the average about 14 weeks, anyone?)

Hope this helps

Insurance Guy

If I can offer any help I will....

I have experience in Fault, Non-Fault & Disputed Liability Motor Claims for vehicle damage and hire, and some experience in Personal Injury Claims

If I've helped- please click my scales :D

ANY ASSISTANCE IS GIVEN ENTIRELY WITHOUT PREJUDICE- YOU SHOULD SEEK INDEPENDANT LEGAL ADVICE TO CONFIRM ANY ADVICE GIVEN

FEEL FREE TO PM ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD IF YOU WOULD LIKE ADVICE 8-)

Does it say anywhere in the terms and conditions of the insurance that you will be required to provide these confirmation emails?

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Bit puzzled over this. If you paid for insurance cover then surely the insurance company should be acting on your behalf. So why don't they pursue the hotel for the details, you've paid for their services after all.

It would also be interesting to know what information they can glean from the missing e-mails that cannot be found elsewhere. Ask them.

Refer them to their T & C's and ask them where it says you need these emails to claim.

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

I have finally found the clause in the t & cs

Your Room Cancellation Insurance

This policy wording along with Your Confirmation Email/Certificate forms the basis of Your contract of insurance. Together, these documents explain what You are covered for. The policy wording contains conditions and exclusions which You should be aware of. You must keep to all the terms and conditions of the insurance.

So I guess that is it. They "told me": "Your Confirmation Email".

That's it then. Always read the small print.

Thanks folks.

I don't think all is lost. With a standard insurance policy such as a home or motor policy, if someone loses the policy document they would still be covered so long as the insurance company/broker had a record of the cover. So I can't understand why this would be different. Surely deleting the confirmation email would be the same as losing a printed policy document?

• 10 months later...

Hi,

I have a similar experiance, booked for 2 nights and even though I given 4 weeks notice to cancel the room due to work commitments they are not interested. Seems you have to give a medical report or breakdown report from the AA in the event of breakdown etc. I am sure this insurance never pays out, and Travelodg gain twice on the booking of the room. Not a bad [problem].