• Tweets

• Hi All    I've spent 2 weeks without a phone and over 4 hours between phone and livechat talking to samsung about my broke s10e phone screen.   I bought the phone in June 2021 and long and short of it the phone screen broke while in my pocket. I made a call before getting in the car and it was fine. Went to make a call when I got out the car and the screen had cracked and some LCD damage. The LCD damage has now fixed itself. I called samsung to get this repaired and they flat out refused to repair it as it was physically damaged and their warranty only covers manufactuer defects and that all their phones are rigoursly tested. I told them that if all their phones are rigoursly tested and don't break in peoples pockets just like that then my screen must be one with a manufacturers defect and that it is covered by the warranty then. At which point after climbing as high up the chain as I could this was the only answer I would get.    Is there anything I can do here ? I am not lying about it breaking in my pocket. It's got a full phone case only things showing are front/back camera and fingerprint reader and no marks besides from placing my case on. I just don't feel that it's fair that they expect me too pay £190 to fix the screen when it is obviously defective. What if the replacement screen breaks randomly then they will just expect me to pay another £190 I expect.    I've also tried approaching EE who my phone contract is with to which I was advised to go  to samsung or they could quote for a repair or I could early upgrade.   Please any advice would be greatly apreciated I'm at my wits end here.
    • If your ex provides their latest address to any creditor chasing him for debts, you should not be bothered.
    • Npower    https://tinyurl.com/y5krktbw   Octopus   https://tinyurl.com/yxawe4d7   British Gas    https://tinyurl.com/y5ppp8m2   EON   https://tinyurl.com/yxtnu8ou   Scottish Power    https://tinyurl.com/yywu7mh3   EDF    https://tinyurl.com/yahjzwxr   Gov    https://tinyurl.com/prnh38t   Urls take you to utilities suppliers        
    • Complain to Mazda UK.  Tell them you've got the safety recall and you don't want to use Mazda Crap Dealer for the work but your nearest alternative is 40 miles away.  Ask what they suggest you do...   Of course, as you've already got it booked in etc you probably don't want to mess about with it, and it is a safety recall so needs attention.  And your old dealer might not be happy with you - but can they be any worse?  Think about it.  You could just complain and see how they treat you in 3 weeks time when you bring it in...   But I like being awkward... and it can have it's downside...
    • Travellers returning to UK from Belgium, the Bahamas and Andorra will have to quarantine from 04:00 BST on Saturday. View the full article
  • Our picks

• Curry’s cancelled my order but took the money anyway. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423055-curry%E2%80%99s-cancelled-my-order-but-took-the-money-anyway/
      • 11 replies
    • Father passed away - Ardent Credit Services (Vodafone) now claiming he owes money. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423040-father-passed-away-ardent-credit-services-vodafone-now-claiming-he-owes-money/
      • 9 replies
    • Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 6 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 16 replies
Werner M

Mackenzie-Hall annoying me....

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 4013 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi all,....M/H are stupid and sending me a forthnightly SMS-message to my Landline ,to contact them about an " urgent matter".....they wrote to me once or twice about a year ago....The Debt is statute-barred since 2005 easily....shall I just ignore it,or phonethem ( I know....DON'T PHONE THEM) and tell them a thing or two and get it off my Chest, or will they go away again........Opinions please! and thanks!

WERNER M.

:)

ignore the idiots,and if they try anything stupid,nail them to the wall

This company is the pits for chasing SB debts, if you have stated in writing to MH that the debt is stat barred and you will not pay then they should not be contacting you, they are breaching OFT guidelines (again)

S.

Are You as Anonymous on CAG as You Think You Are? *Link*

The CAG is a free help site,should you be offered help that requires payment,please report it to site team.

Deal with your debts:

STEP ONE - Dont Panic! | STEP TWO - Priority & Non Priority Debts | STEP THREE - Personal Budget Sheet | STEP FOUR - A SAFE bank Account | STEP FIVE - Dealing with Priority Debts | STEP SIX - Non-priority Debts | STEP SEVEN - Non-Priority Debt-Repayment Opt1 | STEP EIGHT - Non-Priority Debt-Repayment Opt2 | STEP NINE - Perils of Consolidation | STEP TEN - RE-Evaluate Frequently

***** SERIOUSLY IN DEBT, DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO, TRY NationalDebtLine's MoneySteps *****

IMPORTANT: Please take my advice in the spirit it is given and on the basis that I am expressing my opinion, These opinions are not endorsed by CAG in anyway and are offered informally without prejudice or warranty of any kind. These opinions are solely based upon the knowledge I've gained from this fantastic site and life in general. I have NO legal training.

Anthrax alert at debt collectors caused by box of doughnuts

Make sure you do not post anything which identifies you. Although we can remove certain things from the site unless it's done in a timely manner everything you post will appear in Google cache & we do not have any control over that.

Vir prudens non contra ventum mingit

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

17 Port & Maritime Regiment RCT

Hi all,....M/H are stupid and sending me a forthnightly SMS-message to my Landline ,to contact them about an " urgent matter".....they wrote to me once or twice about a year ago....The Debt is statute-barred since 2005 easily....shall I just ignore it,or phonethem ( I know....DON'T PHONE THEM) and tell them a thing or two and get it off my Chest, or will they go away again........Opinions please! and thanks!

WERNER M.

I have the same problem with them leaving SMS messages on the landline with a reference number, asking me to call them. Only difference is ive never recieved any form of communication from them, or had any idea who they were till i looked on the net for them. And to top it all of, i have no idea what the debt is for, which i guess they could only be calling me for a debt. So am just glad i not call them back. in fact if they cant be bothered to write to me with the details of the matter that they left the reference number in the messages for, then i dont see why i should call them up at my own expense.

Now am not avoiding any debt as only debt i am aware of is currently in dipute and that is a debt to yorkshire bank for £200 (in which a number of DCA are after me for). which am disputing due to them owing me over £1000 in unfair charges. So i dont see why i should give MH the time of day, when they cant be bothered to write to me with the details. I think they do it so that once they got you on the phone, they got you straight onto the back foot. as your unware of what it is they want if you not know who they are. infact i wouldnt be surprised if they werent chasing me for the diputed debt for yorkshire bank too, and if they are they get the same treatment as the rest all of whom including the bank have been complained about to the OFT and FOS.

Edited by teaboy2

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (CAG),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phinishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

ignore the idiots,and if they try anything stupid,nail them to the wall

And then realise you haven't nailed them on straight and do it again!:D

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!