iQ0R (Halifax)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5326 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi every I am wondering if anyone would be willing and kind enough to help me out.

I have taken out a £1500 overdraft with Halifax (years ago) which I have put a claim in to recover bank charges (over £1000) with AdvantageClaims this was about 3 months ago.

Today I have received a leter from iQOR stating that Halifax has passed on my debt to this company.

I have not yet contacted Halifax or iQOR about the debt and would appreaciate any advice as I am completely stuck as to what to do.

Also can Halifax sell on my debt even tho it is currently in dispute to claim back bank charges :confused:

This is the letter iQOR have sent me.

http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx341/2brian043/10082009079.jpg

Thanks,

they should'nt but they will, write back to IGOR and co and tell them it is in dispute and to send it back to the OC

use this amend to suit

Dear Sir or Madam,

Account number: XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX

ACCOUNT IN DISPUTE

I must admit that I am rather bemused as to why this account has been passed to yourselves, as it is in dispute with the **original/DCA** and has been since DATE 2008.

Consequentially any legal action you pursue will be averred as both UNLAWFUL and VEXATIOUS.

Now I would respectfully suggest that this account is returned to the **original/DCA** for resolution of these defaults and breaches, as **New DCA** cannot lawfully pursue any enforcement activities.

If **New DCA** chooses to ignore my dispute and attempt enforcement, I will initiate legal action and file reports with the appropriate authorities, including, but not limited to, Trading Standards, Office of Fair Trading, Information Commissioners Office, Financial Ombudsman Service and possible court action.

After taking advice, I am of the opinion that any continued pursuit is in violation of the Administration of Justice Act 1970 section 40 as well as breaching a number of the OFT Collection Guidelines

Also be advised that I will only communicate with you in writing.

Furthermore, should it be your intention to arrange a “doorstep call”, please be advised that under OFT rules, you can only visit me at my home if you make an appointment and I have no wish to make an appointment with you.

There is only an implied license under English Common Law for people to be able to visit me on my property without express permission; the postman and people asking for directions etc (Armstrong v. Sheppard and Short Ltd [1959] 2 Q.B. per Lord Evershed M.R.). Therefore take note that I revoke license under Common Law for you, or your representatives to visit me at my property and if you do so, then you will be liable to damages for a tort of trespass and action will be taken, including but not limited to, police attendance.

I hope that this will not be necessary and an acceptable solution can be accomplished.

I would appreciate your due diligence in this matter.

I look forward to hearing from you in writing.

Yours faithfully

• Haha 1

I have only recently found this site :( I can cancel the claim with the claims company and contine to claim myself?

Also due to the fact my account is £91.65 over the overdraft (due to intrest). I have brought the account into the arranged overdraft a few times but it keeps going over due to intrest. I never use this account.

Would it be best for me to phone Halifax and try to come to an agreed amount to keep the overdraft in the black if possible? I think its stupid how I am having to pay intrest on an account that I have a claim to reclaim bank charges.

Again thanks for any help :D

• 1 month later...

If anyone can help me again that would be a godsend lol

After sending the letter above to iQOR I received a letter stating iQOR are offering a substantial reduction on the debt but only available for 72 hours, the next day I received another letter from iQOR stating they are passing the debt back to the Original DCA (Halifax). Today I have came back after being away for a week to a letter from Incasso which is below:

RE: Halifax PLC

We have been contacted by iQOR Recovery Services Ltd in relation to monies owed to Halifax PLC for the sum of £ x.xx

Unless iQor Recovery Services Ltd receive payment within 10days from the data of this letter, or you contact them with your reasons for withholding payment on telephone number 0845 146 0181 or at:

iQor House

33/34 Winckley Square

Preston

PR1 3EL

It is likely that we will be instructed to pursue legal action against you.

Should we be instructed, we will take whatever action we feel is necessary to protect our client's interest.

Any legal action will include a claim for additional legal costs and interest that may accrue.

Yours sincerely

Incasso

Solicitors

I have until tomorrow to respond and don’t know where I stand? Should I phone up iQOR (the number stated in the letter from incasso is not the number iQOR have provided)

Thank you for your time

Haha I like it.

As their deadline is tomorrow and I cant get a hold of the letter today that they sent to me stating it has been passed back (not lost just at my girlfriends) should I phone them up stating the reason and I will send proof asap ?

Thanks again