You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

gills_jules

PCN - VRN not on envelope

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3972 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Living in a permit controlled area, I renewed my permit by phone on the 29/7 (it expired 30/7) and expected it by the end of the week and also that, having taken my details, the 'system' would be aware that I had renewed my permit even though it hadn't reached me. Not the case - got ticket 1/8 - BUT the warden hasn't written the VRN on the envelope of the PCN. I haven't opened it. Would this be a case of the ticket being incorrectly completed and so invalid? Hope the answer is yes as permit and PCN is getting expensive! Cheers:???:

The envelope is only there to protect the PCN inside. The VRN and other details only have to appear on the actual ticket.

Oh dear, thanks anyway. We didn't have any parking problems until they introduced the permit system to protect us from commuters...

Although the VRN issue is irrelevant, still appeal it, explaining all the circumstances. They might agree to cancel.

Most Councils have a 'grace' period after a permit expires but it seems yours may not? I would appeal, whilst the office staff will have a record of your renewal the CEO walking the streets can only go by whats on display so will issue and then leave you to sort out why it was expired with the permit department who may decide to cancel the PCN.

Thanks everyone for your advice and support. Ticket has been cancelled! Hurrah!