Jump to content

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4498 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

Hope someone can help!


I have had a visit from a CCS bailiff for a congestion charge fine who hand delivered an "attendance notice the clearance of goods" letter. I didn't see the bailiff the letter was stuck to the newspapers delivered by the paperboy. The letter states that they will return within 48 hours to remove goods etc... The sum owed is £497.66 a bit over the top for a £160 fine isn't it?


My situation is that I live with my elderly mother, she is the tenant so pretty much everything in the flat belongs to her, she is bed-ridden, I am her carer and as such in receipt of carers allowance and a top-up income support so money is pretty tight. Where do I stand as far as paying these bailiffs, are the charges excessive? Should I speak to them? or is possible that because of my situation that it can be taken out of the hands of the bailiff.


One thing that I'm worried about is that although I have no intention of letting them in my mother has other carers visit three times a day to do the things I can't do and they all have access/keys to the flat and knowing what bailiffs are like they may try to gain access via them.


Any help/advice would be much appreciated.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sorry i cant help with charges for this but you should be able to get this sent back to the council (is it the council you pay congestion charge to )

write to the bailiffs and ask them to refer this back as according to there own guidelines your mother (who's house you live in and are carer) fall under the category of vulnerable person

1) the elderly

2) the seriously ill carer comes in 3 times a day

3) as you are her carer your income is income support carers allowance



National Standards for Enforcement Agents align May 2002Vulnerable situations



  • Enforcement agents/agencies and creditors must recognise that they each have a role in ensuring that the vulnerable and socially excluded are protected and that the recovery process includes procedures agreed between the agent/agency and creditor about how such situations should be dealt with. The appropriate use of discretion is essential in every case and no amount of guidance could cover every situation, therefore the agent has a duty to contact the creditor and report the circumstances in situations where there is potential cause for concern. If necessary, the enforcement agent will advise the creditor iffurther action is appropriate. The exercise of appropriate discretion is needed, not only to protect the debtor, but also the enforcement agent who should avoid taking action which could lead to accusations of inappropriate behaviour.
  • Enforcement agents must withdraw from domestic premises if the only person present is, or appears to be, under the age of 18; they can ask when the debtor will be home - if appropriate.
  • Enforcement agents must withdraw without making enquiries if the only persons present are children who appear to be under the age of 12.
  • Wherever possible, enforcement agents should have arrangements in place for rapidly accessing translation services when these are needed, and provide on request information in large print or in Braille for debtors with impaired sight.
  • Those who might be potentially vulnerable include:
    • the elderly;
    • people with a disability;
    • the seriously ill;
    • the recently bereaved;
    • single parent families;
    • pregnant women;
    • unemployed people; and,
    • those who have obvious difficulty in understanding, speaking or reading English

also ask the bailiff for screenshot of all charges

send this to CCS by e-mail (for quickness ) include in your e-mail that you will also be sending this by recored delivery letter


send a e-mail to the council tell them you have sent letter to CCS regarding you situation and ask to pay by standing order at x amount per week also send them this by recorded delivery also include copy of letter to bailiffs

include a copy of the e-mail you sent to CCS

Link to post
Share on other sites

do you have an e-mail address for the Transport of London if not phone them and ask for one explain on the phone your mothers situation and explain the urgency of this being sent back from the bailiffs

the fact that your mum has a carer 3 times a day

Link to post
Share on other sites

Have just spoken to TFL and they say they cannot take the fine back and that I should either seek independant legal advice or speak to the bailiffs. Where do I go from here!!

Link to post
Share on other sites

I did receive everything, pcn, letters, the lot.


My stupid fault for not paying in the first place. basically my circumstances changed, I had a small part time job that helped top-up my income but unfortunately lost that due to the recession and just buried my head in the sand hoping the fines would go away. Obviously they don't and thats why I'm in this predicament.

Link to post
Share on other sites


  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...