White Gold Engagement Ring - Rhodium Plating

firetrap

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4501 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I've searched a few key words but only found 1 relevant thread.

At the end of January 2009 I purchased an engagement ring from Fraser Hart. I proposed in mid February and in July we noticed the ring started to turn yellow. I understand white gold is rhodium plated, but worn off in just 6 months? She takes it off when doing the dishes/showering etc. The bottom part is most noticeable, but the claws have also started to turn. Now I can understand the bottom part being worn (although it shouldn't do so quickly) but the claws? When I purchased the ring I was not made aware that the rhodium could ware so easily(in fact I had no idea the yellow could come through). Looking through all my documents it doesn't state anything about the rhodium or the fact it could turn yellow. Had I been made aware of this I would of purchased a platinum ring.

Fraser Hart have offered to re-plate it however I am not happy with this as 6months further down they will want to charge me for this service (or lack of!!!)

Do I have a right to refund? Searching the web it seems like the rhodium should last a few years before it comes off!

Thanks in advance!

(Prior to this, when I gave the ring back for it to be resized(took 2 weeks) they removed the hallmarks. I complained and it spent about 2 weeks with their speicalist to get tested and re-marked. So in total the ring has been in Fraser Harts hands 1 month. Their systems should prove this)

i would go for the replating & p'haps get it confirmed how long they expect it to last.

that way you might be able to neg that if it does not, they will look into the matter further.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks for the replies.

Yesterday I went to the store I purchased from and spoke to the manager. To my surprise all their rings have a 2 year guarantee on rhodium plating. He couldn't figure out why it had worn as it wasn't in the usual places.(I personally think it's due to the ring being resized) It wasn't reacting to her skin either. The first store we went to should of told us this instead of saying we'll do it for free and then charge later.

I guess it really does depend where and who you speak too...