You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

firetrap

White Gold Engagement Ring - Rhodium Plating

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3990 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi,

I've searched a few key words but only found 1 relevant thread.

At the end of January 2009 I purchased an engagement ring from Fraser Hart. I proposed in mid February and in July we noticed the ring started to turn yellow. I understand white gold is rhodium plated, but worn off in just 6 months? She takes it off when doing the dishes/showering etc. The bottom part is most noticeable, but the claws have also started to turn. Now I can understand the bottom part being worn (although it shouldn't do so quickly) but the claws? When I purchased the ring I was not made aware that the rhodium could ware so easily(in fact I had no idea the yellow could come through). Looking through all my documents it doesn't state anything about the rhodium or the fact it could turn yellow. Had I been made aware of this I would of purchased a platinum ring.

Fraser Hart have offered to re-plate it however I am not happy with this as 6months further down they will want to charge me for this service (or lack of!!!)

Do I have a right to refund? Searching the web it seems like the rhodium should last a few years before it comes off!

Thanks in advance!

(Prior to this, when I gave the ring back for it to be resized(took 2 weeks) they removed the hallmarks. I complained and it spent about 2 weeks with their speicalist to get tested and re-marked. So in total the ring has been in Fraser Harts hands 1 month. Their systems should prove this)

i would go for the replating & p'haps get it confirmed how long they expect it to last.

that way you might be able to neg that if it does not, they will look into the matter further.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

if everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's tomorrow

the biggest financial industry in the UK, DCA;s would collapse overnight.

Thanks for the replies.

Yesterday I went to the store I purchased from and spoke to the manager. To my surprise all their rings have a 2 year guarantee on rhodium plating. He couldn't figure out why it had worn as it wasn't in the usual places.(I personally think it's due to the ring being resized) It wasn't reacting to her skin either. The first store we went to should of told us this instead of saying we'll do it for free and then charge later.

I guess it really does depend where and who you speak too...