Linked address never lived there!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5361 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HFC Bank have linked an address which I have never lived at. They say it's because I replied to the letter that was sent to this address which I have not lived at. I have no idea how they got the address but their saying I phoned in and changed it. I need this removed please help.

HI

I would get this sorted ASAP. I had the same thing and thought that by sending a few eamils to Experian and Equifax all would be sorted. 18 months later I am still trying to get them off. They said I would have to go back to the lender that put them on. I think I know who that was now. lowell (****) put it on on the basis that my name was simialr to this person and in a very short space of time there was over 30 accounts added to my linked addresses.

The main problem I have now is that on my Equifax report Lowell have added a default onto my records for an account that is on the linked addresses and is not mine

It is a complete mess. I have decided to ask Lowell for a SAR to see what proof they have to add these details. I have also sent an SAR to Equifax to see what eveidence they were presented with and what checks they carried out before adding this information

It is very easy to prove where you did live but how do you prove you never lived somewhere.

I have been inundated with DCA's sending letters for debts that are not mine.

I spoke to HFC today again she said the only way to remove it was if I go to the police and get it investigated, she said it is not enoughto have an incident num ber! The person who committed the fraud has to be charged. What crap!!! So if they do not find a person responsible that changed my corresspondence address in 2007- then I am stuck with an address I never lived at! I asked for evidence that I lived at the address seeing as I can not prove that I never lived there or had any correspondence there!

Send them a Subject Access request. Find out what correspondence supposedly went to that address. Also what authorisation they had to change it - most banks want that kind of thing in writing.

Spoke to her again today! She said someone phoned in and changed it over the phone!!!! Nothing in Writing!!! She said they can not be to blaim as they do not know if its really me they spoke to in 2007 as they have no camera down the phone!

She said that they sent a letter outlining my complaints to that address!!! Just coz they sent letters to that address does not mean I correspended to them!!! What kind of rubbish is this???