• Tweets

• urm the link in my post…..
    • Hi, where do I find the standard sticky please, I’ve looked but I think I am missing it 🙄
    • Hi Rei and thanks for the update.   Your post confirms what we're telling folk all the time - Harlands/CRS, Zinc and their pet "solicitors" continue to make demands but they fail to do anything substantial to back up their threats.   Hence our continuing advice to NOT respond to demands by letter, email or phone, because they'll do nothing that will affect your credit rating, or that will force you to pay.  
    • Hi GHL and welcome to CAG   You now have your own thread to use from here on ( to avoid hijacking someone else's thread where you first posted).   I assume there were 2 separate m/ships and not a joint m/ship, but please confirm.   I hope you've read other threads here which should help you understand how Harlands/CRS operate. They use every opportunity to make far more money from missed payments and penalty fees, than what they make from taking a percentage fee from ongoing monthly gym fees.   Yours was a rolling monthly m/ship so you only needed to give them notice to quit but there was no minimum 12 month term. Hence all you owe them is £19.99 each.   Write a letter to Harlands, each of you :- 1. Offering to pay the £19.99 for the notice period you failed to give 2. Offer valid for 14 days only. 3. Offer withdrawn if they fail to accept, or if they demand any higher amount.   Post a draft of your letter here first so we can check it.    Letter(s) should be sent from the PO and get a free Certificate of Posting from the PO Counter.  
    • King I fully understand the mother was living there on her own and only one named on the tenancy agreement.   As for your comment that after informed of the passing in a few days they pack tenants belongings and store them and change the locks this I completely disagree with.   In my are the different HA (and there are many) in a scenario like this will:   Communicate with the executor/family member once informed of bereavement informing them of any succession rights, property to be handed back ( 28 days on being informed of above) if unable to must notify the HA to ask for an extension.   After the 28 days if no contact the HA will then follow its Abandonment Policy.   If contact made after 28 days and no extension has been granted HA will then go to court to claim property back.   Once this is done and no contact off to court to claim property back only then will the enter the property unless in an emergency or legally required i.e. gas safety inspection even then may need to go to court for that to get access.      
  • Our picks

GirlAloud

Tesco (RBS) Visa CCA Request

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3592 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi Guys. Made a CCA request to Tesco about a month ago and today received a letter and some docs. Part of the letter said:

Your written request for information made under s78 (1) of the Consumer Credit Act must be accompanied by payment of a fee of £1, which we have received and has been applied to your account accordingly. We are obliged to provide you with a 'true' copy of the credit agreement and a statement of financial information relating to the account, namely, the state of the account, amount currently due, with amounts and due dates of future payments that still require to be made. In terms of CCA copy document regulations, the 'true1 copy requirement can be satisfied by providing a copy agreement at the date the card agreement was made and providing that plus a copy of the current terms of the card agreement.

They have sent me:

- My original application form (signed by me)

- Copy of their terms on conditions (I am presuming these are from 2000 when I signed for the card)

- a blank credit card agreement

- Another copy of therms and conditions which I presume are therir current ones

I am presuming it is safe for me to dispute what they have sent me?

I would post my agreement as it seems similar to some others that have been posted on here (that don't comply) - though it appears I cannot post attachments.

Don't know if there is anybody out there...but now received a default notice - which I am presuming they cannot do without valid CCA. I have found a links to similar letters (to the one I have recieved) and they seem to be a standard 'fob off' when they don't have a valid agreement. Any advice much appreciated - I am particulalry interested in a 'definitve' guide to what a CCA should look like.

Hi, Girlsaloud,

Basically, Tesco will only provide the application form and claim it is enforceable. You will claim it is not enforceable and it is only a court which will decide either way!

Are the prescribed terms on the 'application form' ? - if not, they have no chance of getting any money from you, whatever they bluster.

Whether or not you dispute the CCA, they will default you, as you have found out. KEEP the default notice as it may be extremely important if this ends up in court.

Next, they will set various DCAs on to you, to reclaim the balance, to which you will claim the account is in dispute and you do not acknowledge any debt, etc . . .

Then they will send in their legal team, ie Incasso solicitors, who are fairly lively about starting a claim. They will expect you not to defend, of course, leading to them get a ccj against you by default. Then they will go for a charging order if you own your house.

Now for the good news . . .

Incasso are notorious for issuing county court claims at speed, but then have no guts to see it through, usually discontinuing their action when anyone has the temerity to defend!

Can help you if it gets to that stage as I've been there before . . .

BAE :)

Thanks for this - very helpful - no prescribed terms on application. They sent:

- My signed application form from 2000

- 2 x terms and conditions

- An unsigned/undated credit card agreement

- my last statement

I found another thread on here and it seemed fairly clear that WAS not acceptable under CCA. I guess when tesco don't have a CCA they take a chance and send you all the crap above. I have already put the account into dispute. To be honest my finances are wrecked since my marriage ended and they are way down the pecking order!!

I have experience of Incasso. Sent my ex husband one letter to my address requesting full payment on a loan (there was no account number on or any detail). I wrote back saying he did not live here anymore and no idea when he was. Few days later county court papers arrived from Northampton. Sent them back 'no known at this address'.

Hi Folks

Its time everyone got together to support other in beating these Bandits

have a look at this and show your support for him. this is just a start

YouTube - Royal Bank Of Scotland part of DVD

pick up a penquin two systems for the price of one:?: