AIC Reply

Torexxx
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5334 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

Just got this from AIC today Any ideas what to do now

2j64klt.jpg

They returned this letter along with the AAC letter I sent and the postal order for £1

any help would be appreciated

Torexxx

scan0001.jpg

Edited by Torexxx

Hi

I had posted wrong letter it was to someone else in the Forum I had saved it to read ,then put it into my threat by mistake, I thought the reply was maybe in relation to this letter and not applicable to the letter that I had received.

If you can give me any help with my letter which is copied above it would be most appreiciated

TOREXXX

Edited by Torexxx

Ok, save editing it again :-D

Can you give us an idea of what it says.. I'm guessing its telling you they are not the creditor and to address your CCA to xxxxxx instead?

If so then this is the reply (which needs to be edited slightly) to send them along with the CCA and £1 postal order recorded delivered again.

http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/579-letter-when-dca-refuses-to-comply-with-a-cca-request

S.

Hi I have tried to make the picture larger but cant get it sorted below is a copy of what was said in the letter

Dear Mr xxxx

Thank you for your recent letter dated xxxxx which I have attached for your reference.

As we are currently acting on behalf of the XXX Bank in respect of recovering the outstanding debt on this account, we are unable to comply with your request. Such requests need to be addressed to the legal owners of the product which in this case is the xxx bank

To enable them to provide the documentation you have requested you would need to contact the bank directly by writing to

Insolvency & Client Support

1st Floor - section 78

Thanet Grange

Westcliff on Sea

Essex

SS0 0EJ

You will need to ensure that your request is accompanied by a payment of £1.00

May I also take this oppertunity to remind you that the full outstanding balance on this account is due and owing You will need to contact our offices upon receipt of this letter to prevent further recovery action being taken

Your sincerely

K Muir

Thanks for looking

Torexxx

Hi All I have written out a letter any feedback on it appeciated

Thank you for your letter Dated 06/08/09, I read with amusement the section in which you state

and I quote

As we are currently acting on behalf of the xxxx Bank in respect of recovering the outstanding debt on this account,we are unable to comply with your request. Such requests need to be addressed to the legal owners of the product, which in this case is the xxxx Bank.

May I remind you of your duties under section 175 of the Credit Consumer Act 1974

of which I quote.

175. Where under this Act a person is deemed to receive a notice or payment as agent

of the creditor or owner under a regulated agreement, he shall be deemed to be under a

contractual duty to the creditor or owner to transmit the notice, or remit the payment,

to him forthwith.

May I also remind you that you are required to supply the details I requested with in the time limit laid down in the CCA 1974, this being 12 +2 days (ie 23/08/09 allowing for weekends) from the receipt of my letter which you signed for and have dated with your stamp 05 aug 2009.

Note that the Credit Services Association, in the first paragraph of its Code, state that members must act lawfully at all times. Furthermore, under the CPUTR 2008 failing to comply with a code of conduct to which you have subscribed is unfair trading.

In the circumstances, I will not enter into further correspondence with you, and any further unlawful demands or contact will be viewed as harassment and reported to the appropriate enforcement agency

I enclose my original letter dated 4/08/09 asking for the details along with the Postal order for £1.00 and a copy of the letter dated 06/08/09 which you sent me.

SIGNED ....printed.............................

Torexxx

Edited by Torexxx

Hi All

I am better at working at cars that I am at computers , after a long day finally found out how to get the right size of my letter into my first post HOORAY, at least you can see it now without a magnifying glass

TOREXXX

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

After AIC stated that I must sent my CCA to the OD I sent the 2nd letter to them as posted above,when I didnt hear anything from them ,after the 12+2 I sent them an Account in Dispute letter They have replied today,With much the same as their first reply , in the latest letter they say.

"Thank you for you letter dated xx/xx/xx which I have attached.

as advised in my previous letter to you our client requires you to contact them directly to make any request under the CCA"

"Please make all future requests to directly to the OD"

"Yours "

Now! these clowns at AIC had been harrasing me by phone(before I sent them the CCA) to increase payments,also leaving messages on my machine to ring them ,when you ring they say they had not recieved the monthly payment ,but on checking then say their computer was at fault and the payment was received.

I have always dealt with AIC over the last 5 years or so and sent payments to them, never to the OD although I did get statements from the OD every month showing the reduction of my payment of the account

I have now cancelled all payments to them.

As I said in my 2nd letter to them . As I was paying them and having to take the cr+p of them ,they were acting as an agent for the OD and had a duty to send me the CCA

Anyone any ideas as to my next move

Torexxx

Edited by Torexxx

Hi

After AIC stated that I must sent my CCA to the OD I sent the 2nd letter to them as posted above,when I didnt hear anything from them ,after the 12+2 I sent them an Account in Dispute letter They have replied today,With much the same as their first reply , in the latest letter they say.

"Thank you for you letter dated xx/xx/xx which I have attached.

as advised in my previous letter to you our client requires you to contact them directly to make any request under the CCA"

"Please make all future requests to directly to the OD"

"Yours "

Now! these clowns at AIC had been harrasing me by phone(before I sent them the CCA) to increase payments,also leaving messages on my machine to ring them ,when you ring they say they had not recieved the monthly payment ,but on checking then say their computer was at fault and the payment was received.

I have always dealt with AIC over the last 5 years or so and sent payments to them, never to the OD although I did get statements from the OD every month showing the reduction of my payment of the account

I have now cancelled all payments to them.

As I said in my 2nd letter to them . As I was paying them and having to take the cr+p of them ,they were acting as an agent for the OD and had a duty to send me the AAC

Anyone any ideas as to my next move

Torexxx

TBH if you continued paying them after sending them the account in dispute letter AND after them being in default of your valid CCA request then they will do nothing... except the usual hassle I'm afraid. Its not in their interests to lift a finger to help you in any shape or form.

Its only when you stop paying they start to take notice. So now that you have stopped, you should be hearing from them soon. :-D :-D

Oh and please dont speak to them on the phone, insist on everything in writing, this is to protect you from unlawful threats and gives an evidence trail.

Just remember tho, you've sent a s78 request, it was the DCA's duty to forward it on, you need do NOTHING ELSE NOW.

S.

Hi All

Well, AIC have sent me exactly the same letter back again! ,(saying to contact OD direct) along with the letter I sent them as stated above But I have just noticed,only thing is this time they kept the £1 postal order,maybe they needed some money for the Tea fund. But I think I will sit back now and see what happens,I cancelled the direct debits I was paying to them ,so maybe when no money comes in on the 4th of the month they will get back to me, Hope they dont phone,as my Truecall will "zap" them. Well we will wait and see

Torexxx

Edited by Torexxx

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All

2 phone calls today from AIC, Truecall got them. I did phone them back and had a nice arguement with one of their support staff,infact our little exchange went so well he said he would put me through to his manager. But after a minute or so He didnt want to talk to me, I stated I had sent them the CCA and Dispute letter he said it didnt matter as they were not the OD, So I just said "From now on all contact in writing bye bye" I have also sent of the phone harrasment letter today, and added them to my truecall Zap list. I did send the OD (natwest) a SAR which was delivered on the 9/9/09 so phoned them aswell but they state it hasn,t got as far as their office yet, will now wait ( I think its 40 days) now and see what happens

Torexxx