Welcome Finance - Advice Needed Please

furrypest
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5311 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Have a secured loan with this 'lovely' company, taken out in 2003 for 180 months at £297.05 per month.

Amount borrowed = £15000

PPI = 2716.16 (thought I HAD to have this, I think I was mis sold)

Home care ins = £125 (not needed as covered by mortgage, mis sold?)

Lifecare ins = £175(not needed as covered by life ins on mortage, missold?)

Acceptance fee = £235

Mortgage Indemnity fee = £1650

Total amount of loan = £19901.16

1.35% per month 20.01% APR

The most strange thing about this is that my settlement figure at the present time in 2009 is £19138.69!!!

I have sent them an SAR + received the relevant details back minus a true copy of the signed agreement, so I'm sending them a CCA request today. The next step, as I know they haven't got the correct agreement is to withold payments, but I'm worried about doing this in case I haven't a leg to stand on. What should I do? Can anyone advise me whether I've got a case to chase? I'm willing to take it all the way to court if necessary, I've done the same with LLoyds + won before, but i don't want to go through months + months of not paying only to go to court + find out that I'm the one in the wrong + I end up owing them £1000s.

Any help would be really appreciated. Thankyou.

they have no chance then of finding an agreement then

take it from me

there addmin up to 2005 was appaling

cca request is the way to go

no agreement no debt

well the debt still exsists but they cant force you to pay or take any enforcement action

they may try with the state cattles is in at the moment.

they realy do think they are above the law

if you did not have your agreement may i ask where you got the above figures from

forget this biz of a true copy of an agreement

its the original that counts as your agreement is before 2007

Thanks for getting back to me.

I quoted those figures from the original agreement as was when loan was taken out. Husband + I re-mortgaged house in April 2005 + had to apply to W'come for a new legal charge + to transfer loan from my name into joint of mine + h'bands as this was how the new mortgage was taken out on re-mortgage with a different mortgage company.

W'come wrote to tell us that both would have to sign a new legal charge + I have copies of unsigned credit agreements but even through SAR request W'come could not send me a copy of an agreement that was signed in both names. Even on correspondance they still deal with me only referring to me as 'miss' but use my married surname. That's why I thought if I sent a CCA request they may/ may not produce the paperwork. Everything went through ok with mortagage co + W'come even though it would appear that nothing was ever signed other than the original agreement in 2003!

if you still have the original agreement to hand

can you post it onto your thread

google photobucket

use the upload link for message boards with out thumbnails option to post

remember

deleate personel info but leave in the figures

Sorry for the delay, had to get a puncture repaired on my car!

Mmmm interesting. When phoned Direct group, they put me through to Ryan who said that all my policies had now expired, 2 in Nov 2008 and 1 in Nov 2006. When I asked him for any further details that he may have on my record he gave me Welcome's phone number (o845 456 4877) + told me to speak to someone there, all he would have he said were the wordings of the insurance. Maybe I was being a bit vague? What could I ask that would be more specific to what I want to use against Welcome?

Also phoned W'come on the above number, made out that all I had was the insurance policy number + none of the peperwork + asked them to send it all to me again. The man I spoke to said he would send me out all contracts + policies today. I asked him who the mortgage indemnity fee was paid to + he said it looked like Bright Finance, when I said 'that can't be right' he asked me if I had the application number for the loan as he did not have it there, and so could not check who the money was paid to. He told me to phone Customer Services to get the number + when I had it they would tell me who the indemnity fee was paid to.

This Gets Better 9sorry Welcome Not}

To Begin With

Even Though Your Policy Has Expired, Welcome /direct Group Have To Keep Those Records For Another Six Years

Anti Money Laundering Regs

Def Somthing To Hide

Now You See Why I Said Phone Direct Group

What can i do now? I have a feeling that I'm going to be passed from Direct to Welcome + back again, over + over. I'll phone Cust Serv 2 morrow I think I have the right number + details. Is there anything I can be doing 2 night (shuffling paperwork/ working out charges etc.)

Decided that I haven't got time to play on Welcome/ Direct Group's Magic Roundabout + so have sent both companies an SAR to access details they hold on me regarding the insurances + the mortgage indemnity fee paid. Let's see how they like that. A CCA yesterday, a SAR today, they're gonna love me!!:)

Lets play 'Spot the Difference' with the credit agreements shall we?

Have a look at the credit agreement a few threads up + then compare it with the one I received after my CCA request today. There was no covering note with this copy + it had been reduced to A5 by W'come. Please note the lack of signatures + the note in the 'first mortgagee box' being Abbey National, despite the fact I re-mortgaged in 2005 to Birmingham Midshires (see also the copy of the solicitors letter confirming W'come taking second charge on the re-mortgage)!!

CCF14082009_00000-1.jpg

CCF14082009_00001-1.jpg

Looks like I need to send a copy of an 'Account in dispute' letter. What does anyone else think?

Who Was The Mortagee Indemnity Fee Paid To, Do You Have Any Policy Docs

Pleas Phone Direct Group Now So I Can Get Moving On Ths

Another Welcome Customer Done Up Like A Kipper Again It Seems

Sorry to but in on your thread...

Post, re the mortgage indemnity fees.where should i be looking for the info that tells me who this was paid to???..i have 3 lots of these 1 on original agreement and then further 2 on rewrites...what can you divulge?? please pm me if it cant go on open forum.

thanks

ANYBODY WHO NEEDS INFO ON YOUR LEHMANS MORTGAGE

either SPML/PML/LMC/SPPL; the following are DIRECT tel#s,

of the investigating & prosecuting organisations: DONOT say you are from CAG-only directly affected or a concerned citizen.

1. Companies House: Kevin Hughes(Compliance Manager-main) @ 02920 380 633

2. CH : Lee Jenkins(prosecuting Amany Attia(MD) for SPML/PML) @ 02920 380 643

3. CH : Mark Youde(accounts compliance) @ 02920 380 955

4. Companies Investigation Branch(CIB) : Charlotte Allan @ 0207 596 6108

(part of the Insolvency Service) investigating all the Lehman lenders

5. CIB : Jeremy Pilcher('unofficial'-consumer/company lawyer) : @ 0207 637 6231

File YOUR 'Companies Investigation Branch'- CIB complaint online NOW!!!!

http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/complaintformcib.htm

I'm having the same confusion myself, I don't know why I was coerced into paying an indemnity fee or where it went. That's why i sent a SAR letter to the insurance company + welcome so they could divulge this information to me by law. I was advised to phone them, but I reckoned all I'd get would be fob offs from both sides. The SAR letter is in the templates library.

thanks Furrypest..have done all the SAR/CCA/DG stuff...but the indemnity fee's have been a bone of contention with me as have the acceptance fees..on our rewrites...plus other issues..too many to mention.

I just needed Post to explain a little more in reference to his post...not sure if i have missed something along the way regarding this issue.

ANYBODY WHO NEEDS INFO ON YOUR LEHMANS MORTGAGE

either SPML/PML/LMC/SPPL; the following are DIRECT tel#s,

of the investigating & prosecuting organisations: DONOT say you are from CAG-only directly affected or a concerned citizen.

1. Companies House: Kevin Hughes(Compliance Manager-main) @ 02920 380 633

2. CH : Lee Jenkins(prosecuting Amany Attia(MD) for SPML/PML) @ 02920 380 643

3. CH : Mark Youde(accounts compliance) @ 02920 380 955

4. Companies Investigation Branch(CIB) : Charlotte Allan @ 0207 596 6108

(part of the Insolvency Service) investigating all the Lehman lenders

5. CIB : Jeremy Pilcher('unofficial'-consumer/company lawyer) : @ 0207 637 6231

File YOUR 'Companies Investigation Branch'- CIB complaint online NOW!!!!

http://www.insolvency.gov.uk/complaintformcib.htm

Have info from Direct Group Ins as return of my SAR. They sent me:

a) notes from my recent phone call regarding request for copies of my policy docs

b) Copy of my policy schedule + terms + conditions

c) Details of policy premiums

however, they said they didn't have:

a) Copies of signed policy agreements

b) Notice of assignments/ default notices where applicable

c) Details of ins premium charges

They said that Welcome would have these details (I've sent w'come a SAR too regarding info on insurances, still waiting for them to get back to me)

I don't understand this part, details of policy premiums, though, that I've pasted below. I don't know why I would have been paying money to Bright Finance, or what these other things mean. Can someone help me out please? (sorry it's sideways, they came on 3 separate bits of paper)

CCF17082009_00000-1.jpg