Kensington/Reliable finance

Guest Alison82

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4495 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guest Alison82

Hi I’m writing this on behalf of my mum

She has been contacted by Kensington/Reliable finance for a consolidation loan, she has a large loan with her bank, 2 credit cards a couple of store cards and I think 3 catalogues.

This consolidation company says they can reduce her monthly payments from £600 per month to about £200 - £250 per month; they take £44 per month every month until the loan is paid off (9 years I think). They advised her to close her bank account as her bank can take money from it to pay her loan if she starts making lower payments.

I know there are companies that can do this for free but I don’t know too much about them, I think it is CCS but maybe someone can explain how this works.

She also has a PPI issue to sort out I have given her a letter for that, and about £2k of bank charges to reclaim, we haven’t submitted the bank charges claim just yet as of the court case but I think we should as this way she might get the interest.

Also do you think it would be a good idea to CCA the catalogue companies, maybe she can come to an agreement and pay less?

Can anyone offer any advice?

Thanks in advance

Guest Alison82

Hi yes she does, her mortage when she took it out was £110k, it now stands as £90k

I bet the catalogues are something like:

SimplyBe

Naturally Close

JD Williams

PremierMan

Fashion World

N Brown

This Kensington Finance firm are promoted by Reliable Collections who are the in house debt collections mob for all these above (and I am sure many others too). Reliable Collections suggested I use them too - but I reminded them of the OFT Guidelines which state that they shouldn't be suggesting I take on more debt to pay off their debt!

My advice - STEER CLEAR! The catalogues (if they are these above) will probable have no enforceable CCAs - I would suggest doing the CCA Request for each catalogue to see what they produce (I could probable give you a copy of what the copy they will produce because it seems they have no enforceable CCAs in their possession). Once you have all the CCAs from them, scan them in - removing any personal and identiable information and upload them here so someone can advise you.

From my experience, as soon as they fail to produce an enforceable agreement, they go very, very quiet - no letters, no phone calls nothing.

Good luck!

Welshwizard QC (Quite Content):rolleyes:

Guest Alison82

^^OMG!! cheecky!! I'm not sure what they are but there maybe a few that you mentioned.

I think a DMP would be better than a loan

Thanks

DMP maybe, but check ther enforceability of all the accounts just to make sure first. It's worth the £1 per CCA on the off chance you get some piece of mind that they can't enforce the agreements!

Welshwizard QC (Quite Content):rolleyes: