Advice on getting a car loan

gabby71
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5367 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I have been outof the Uk for 4 years, have now returned and have just started a job.

I have no equity (e.g. property - I rent) and have around £800 to pay towards getting myself a car but seem to be having problems getting a car loan due to no previous addresses in the last 2 years.

I only want around £1500 to top up what I already have, could anyone advise if it is possible to get a car loan from anywhere in my situation?

Kind regards

Gabby

Plenty of firms, but most will want to sell you the complete car, giving you the loan on that. The reson for this is they make more provid that way, and charge higher rates of nterest than a standard credit deal.

Also remember most lenders knowing what the loan is for, will register their interest with the DVLA and HPI making any subsequent sale problematic unless you fully discharge the loan under the agreed arrangement.

my advice would be dont

any car finance company out there who will loaan you money are only in it to rip you off

you will regret it, believe me

you can pick up a decent second hand car for that sort of money to run around in until you have saved up a bit

remember its insurance on top as well and as you prob got no

no claims discount

will be pretty steep

check out how much the insurance would be first to fit your circumstances