You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

gonnagetthemback

Robinson Way

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3991 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

hi,

i have received a letter from the above company chasing £73 for HSBC from an old current account. I left this balance unpaid in 2006 as it is made up of just charges. HSBC sent the other 2 debts I had with them to another agency and I pay them monthly. But this one was ignored by HSBC for years.

I asked Robinson Way to provide me with a copy of the default and they haven't done this yet, but acknowledged that there is a default. Should I ask them for the deed of assignment, is that the document that proves that HSBA sold the debt to them?

Is there anything else I could do?

Thanks

Cap One refunded £112

MBNA refunded £567

If you have evidence that the 'debt' is purely made up of charges, I would tell RW that but otherwise ignore them. If they take you to court, just counterclaim for the charges.

Alternatively, you could start a claim for the charges now -perhaps the HoL will hand down their judgementg in the OFT case soon.

Steven

Using CAG Toolbar will generate much needed income - Download Here

Confused by Simple Interest? Confounded by Compound Interest? Read my Interest Tutorial

My Wins

GE Money Won unconditionally May 2007

NatWest Won unconditionally August 2007

Brighthouse Won unconditionally August 2007

Goldfish Won unconditionally April 2008 (including CI on the basis of Sempra)

Clydesdale Financial Services (now BPF) Won unconditionally February 2008

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. Do not take any legal action on my advice alone. Almost everything I know concerning the law I learned from this site.

Please note, I will not give advice by PM. Please send a link to your thread and I will do my best to answer there.