You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

smithsok

NTO issued as non-payment but I sent a cheque

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3986 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi there

I have received a notice to owner and a £120 fine (up from £60) due to non payment of a traffic offence.

Yet I posted a cheque.

Any ideas on where I stand with this?

Any hints and tips on legal and experiences gratefully received...

Cheers

check your bank to see if its been cashed then send them a recipt.

My advice is based on my opinion and my experience. It is not to be taken as legal advice as I am not legally qualified

If my advice has been helpful, please take a moment to click on the scales

on the bottom left hand side of my profile :p

The Notice to Owner allows you to make representations, so this is the course of action to take. In effect, it's another written appeal. You can file it on the grounds that the PCN was fully paid.

How you word it will depend upon what became of the cheque.

It it's been processed by them, it's an admin error - give a copy of your bank statement along with your representations.

If it hasn't, you can assume it has gone astray (although I would still cancel it with the bank) and so you can send a new cheque for the original amount, with an explanation and something to corroborate what you say (photocopy of a cheque stub for instance). They are likely to accept this, although they will only have your word for it that you sent the cheque in the first place. You'll have to hope they are willing to be reasonable.