NCO Europe - Payment arrangements

lrak
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5372 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

I stupidly put off a payment to Paypal to resolve a negative balance and subsequently NCO are now after me to recover the money.

I phoned them up and paid £20 off the debt (£184) in total and agreed to pay the remainder on my payday, this is however looking bleak as its looking like I'm not going to be able to afford it.

Would a company like this be sympathetic at all and accept maybe 3 or 4 installments to settle the debt?

I would appreciate any input on this,

Well initially I'd ask them to substantiate the debt, but I'm assuming you want to pay it from your post. In which case I would TELL them how I intended to make my payments, how much, how often etc. and ignore any nonsense from them after that.

Mainly you need to not panic about this :)

Phew!

I get really worked up about these things, I have aspergers which can mean I forget very easily, and totally inadvertently about what I owe. I just hope they can understand from my point of view that paying in one lump is too much.

Thanks for your advice, I shall let you know the result after I ring them tomorrow :)

Okay thanks for all your advice so far, its giving me a clearer picture of the process.

They have set up a payment to leave my account via debit card on my payday, are they legally obliged to cancel this upon my request?

Okay I'll speak to them first, if they refuse I will block the card, and make all further correspondence by post.

Do I literally just need to tell them what I can afford to pay and thats it? or can they if they so wish demand full amount and leave me with no choice?

thanks.

Didn't know that.

There is a way with these monsters, and I thought I was totally doomed!

Thanks once again, I'll keep this updated with whats going on :)

Cancel your card today !!!!!

I had the same thing with NCO. They called me and demanded I pay up (about £60) I told them they were not going to get a penny and to not waste anymore of there time. Its paypals problem and not mine, they gave the refund not me.

They called twice and I have no heard from them since.

Your problem is you have already given in once and paid up and they will prey on that weakness.

All they do is call a few times and send some threat letters, they really are not worth the time to be bothered by them. Just ignor the fools.

Hi guys,

I phoned NCO today and they seemed surprisingly accommodating. I offered to pay back £40 a month and they were fine with it, I have been told it has been put in the system and I'll receive a phone call on payday for the money.

Now... is this totally legitimate or are they still going to attempt to take the money...?