You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

abz_y2k

mortgage decline, advise please

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3978 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hi

Me and my wife have applied for mortgage with rbs, they can lend me the money we need according to our salary.

They just got back to me stating that our mortgage has been decline because of live defaults.

I have one default on my acc from Natwest while i was at uni. the amount has been paid in full and the default will come off in Nov 09.

My wife has two defaults one from HSBC. She had a overdraft limit of £100, but wen over that by another £19. she was defaulted for that. She has paid that in full and will come off in 03/10.

The second default she has was from vodafone. she disputed this with vodafone about someone taking out fraudlent contract oon her name. But they couldnt provide any further information except giving her the address where the intial contract was taken out (local mobile shop) she went to visit them but that shop has closed down. Got back to vodafone basically they said it not there problem. They are willing to take default of if made payments in full. She told them to F off and not paying £800 of her hard earn money that she doesnt owe vodafone.

I think on this basis we have been refused mortgage.

Can any help us with some advise or guide us how to get mortgage. We will sincerely appreciate any advice.

Hi abz_y2k

I'm disappointed to read about your experience when calling us about your account.

I'd like to investigate this further for you.

Ask your wifte to send an email from the Contact Us form, with a link to this thread, along with her details and WRT135 in the body of the text. Wel'll get back to her as soon as we can.

Thanks

Kirsty

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

Unless you can afford the mortgage on your own salary...............

Then have you got some kind of letter from anyone official (criminal report?) that you could provide as evidence that the second default is not your fault? Or if vodafone could provide something that could help.

I imagine RBS would consider giving you the mortgage if this is the case, providing that this is the only recent negative on your creidt report.

NC

Regarding RBS they are not the only Mortgage Lenders in the country and because your default is with Natwest which is part of RBS they will view it worse. There are other lenders who will not worry as much about the defaults because when common sense prevails some lenders realise that defaults are issued far too often and may not be your fault.

However, I am impressed with Kirsty from Vodaphone acting in a proactive manner and asking for the information. Common sense from a mobile phone company is too much to take in. If that default is removed you will probably get the mortgage easily. Well done Kirsty.