Inevitable bank charge

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5371 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've just checked my account online, and noticed that it's gone over by 28p. Now, knowing HBOS, they will charge me. It's been a while since I've had a charge so I'll have to look up how much it will be.

I'm going to call them tomorrow morning and find out if they will be charging me. If they are (and I strongly believe they will), I'm going to close the account and go elsewhere taking my mortgage with me.

In the meantime, is there anyway I can prevent them from taking the money automatically? The Right of Appropriation thing doesn't hold any water with them to be honest. If I try that, they'll take it anyway and I'll have to go through a time consuming process of getting it back.

The problem is though, is that I have an overdraft that I couldn't afford to pay back in one chunk and even if I transfer all of my transactions to another account, they will continue to charge me interest on the overdraft until I can pay it off.

Is it possible to freeze the account to prevent them charging me the interest, turning it into a debt and arranging a repayment plan?

Hi,

You could always try, there's a letter in the Templates you could e-mail them.

Not got a clue if it would work or not.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/20758-creditors-dcas-letter-templates.html

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert