Jump to content

You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds


You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds



BankFodder BankFodder


BankFodder BankFodder


Inevitable bank charge

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3989 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recommended Posts

I've just checked my account online, and noticed that it's gone over by 28p. Now, knowing HBOS, they will charge me. It's been a while since I've had a charge so I'll have to look up how much it will be.


I'm going to call them tomorrow morning and find out if they will be charging me. If they are (and I strongly believe they will), I'm going to close the account and go elsewhere taking my mortgage with me.


In the meantime, is there anyway I can prevent them from taking the money automatically? The Right of Appropriation thing doesn't hold any water with them to be honest. If I try that, they'll take it anyway and I'll have to go through a time consuming process of getting it back.


The problem is though, is that I have an overdraft that I couldn't afford to pay back in one chunk and even if I transfer all of my transactions to another account, they will continue to charge me interest on the overdraft until I can pay it off.


Is it possible to freeze the account to prevent them charging me the interest, turning it into a debt and arranging a repayment plan?

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites



You could always try, there's a letter in the Templates you could e-mail them.

Not got a clue if it would work or not.








Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...