smc40 / Ticket received, parked in emergency.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5373 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

HI First post , so hopefully works..

I had through emergency need to park in a disabled bay in Longwell Green leisure park Bristol..My Daughter was being harrased by teenagers and I needed to pick up quickly , was there 4 mins and tried to explain circumstance to ticket staff ( with daughter in tears) but still got ticket...have followed the great advice on how to respond to various letters , with refuting I was driver ...I am now getting really threatening

letters from debt collectors . latest below :

quote ;

I would like to start by informing you that as a company we are fully aware, and comply with all laws and guidance on debt collection and this includes laws on harassment.

Our clients, UK Parking Control Ltd, are members of the British Parking Association (BPA) and as such abide by their guidance on the management of private parking. Part of the BPA guidance includes provision for our client to have signage in place to clearly show what parking conditions apply and that includes the consequences should parking conditions not be adhered to. Apart from mention of a contravention penalty, the signs also expressly states that should the contravention charge not be paid, then the matter may be referred to a debt recovery agent where they may incur additional charges. By making a decision to park in the private car park, the individual is accepting the terms advertised thus forming an agreement between the land owner (or their agents) and the owner, keeper or driver of the vehicle.

In this case, a contravention occurred and a ticket notifying the owner/ keeper/ driver of the contravention was placed on the vehicle. Following that, our client then obtained owner/keeper details from the DVLA and issued by post, a Charge Certificate, once again notifying the owner/keeper/driver of the contravention and the charges that applied as a result of alleged non-compliance. This notice clearly states that if the charge is not paid within 28 days, then the case may be passed to a debt recovery agency where additional costs may be incurred. It also details where and how to appeal the charge/ notice. Our client then followed this notice up by posting out a Notice to Owner letter, 28 days after the previous letter, as a final reminder to get the matter resolved. Again, it is clearly shown on the final reminder that failure to pay will result in the case being passed to a debt recovery agent where additional charges may be incurred.

In the case you have brought to my attention, the matter was not paid and the case was referred to ourselves to assist our client in getting the matter resolved.

Under section 143 (1) of the road traffic act 1988 – The keeper should know at all times who is driving a vehicle and to ensure they are insured. If a keeper allows a vehicle to be driven without insurance they are guilty of a criminal offence – by stating many people have access to a vehicle and as a result the defendant can not state who had it at one given time/date then they are confirming they did not know who was driving and therefore cannot be certain the vehicle was insured.

As registered keeper we have offered you the opportunity to give us the details of the driver if it was not you at the time of the parking contravention. If you do not provide us with these details then we must assume that you were indeed the driver or are being deliberately obstructive to us in our aim to aid our clients in resolving this case.

If this proceeds to court, which we are trying to avoid, we will refer to your email and our reasonable response. But before this proceeds to court we may refer it to our doorstep collections team and let one of our collectors make a personal visit.

Please note that our client has stated that this debt is outstanding and should be collected in full. Any future correspondence must be sent to ourselves.

Please contact us to make full payment on 01246 380354 at your earliest convenience.

end quote

Appreciate if anybody has had this type of letter , and should i just ignore, dont want people turning up at the door, or my credit rating being affected

Really appreciate people taking the time to read this and respond

Their letter is total B*S* and should be completely ignored. Not least the mention the fact that their "client" is pursuing a "contravention penalty" when it is clear in law that private companies cannot charge penalties. Also, it is none of their business whether you know who was driving or not and even if that were a criminal offence not to know under RTA 1988, then that is still none of their business.

The list of flaws with it could go on so just spend some time reading the stickies about private parking scamvoices.

Posts moved to new thread.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Ignore!

Ignore!

Ignore!

And if all else fails.....

IGNORE, SOME MORE!

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

claptrap especially that complete and utter lie about the RTA. and no PPC has yet been seen to adhere to the BPA CoP. treat these jokers with the contempt they deserve. ignore them competely that letter looks like Fraud to me - 'passing off' all over it.