bagaceratops: Private Parking Tickets

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5326 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

This is my first post having received a PCN from civil enforcement in March. I decided, after reviewing the excellent threads here, just to ignore.

The letters kept coming at 4-6 weekish intervals and the charge going up and up. They then passed it to Newlyn debt collectors who have send 2 or 3 letters. Again I am just ignoring.

However, I have recently learnt that these people have done a credit search against me and this has appeared on my Experian file as of 30 July. I spoke with Experian and they advised me that these people can do this. I have put the search in dispute with Experian since as far as I am concerned there is no debt to pay until they prove their case in court.

However this could affect my credit rating. Experian suggested calling the OFT, but I am wondering what this will achieve.

Any advise? I am quite happy to keep ignoring these people and am happy to go to court if they should issue a summons, but I will not have them affect my credit rating.

Thanks

Post moved to start new thread.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Taken from Experian's website:

Searches of your credit report should have been made with your consent. Most will relate to credit applications you have made but some may be routine checks by your lenders on accounts you already have. Unrecorded enquiries, quotations, identity verification checks and credit report applications are shown for you on your copy of your report but are not seen by lenders

I had an unauthorised search carried out against me, I complained to Experian who contacted the company who searched me. The company that searched immediately "requested that all traces of their search be removed", and it was.

Hi thanks for the response.

This was my view also, but I was informed by Experian that debt collectors can do searches on my without my consent.

However I have a dispute open with them and they are going to contact the company who did the search (UK Search).

I await their response.

explain to Experian that there is no debt, no signed contract and no court judgment. Strange that a PPC would pay for an Experian search. I am still trying to figure out why they would do this. What do they have to gain ?

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Challenged Equifax re the search performed.

They contacted the company that did the search and surprise surprise they did not respond.

Equifax have now removed the debt search from my file.

Have now not heard from Newlyn since beginning of July. I wonder if that is the last from them?

I have no other outstanding unpaid debts or debts to that matter other than an upto date mortgage. The search was performed end of July. No one else has contacted me since then. I am fairly sure it was the private parking company, as I cannot see what else it could be.

If it had been legitimate then the people who did the search would have responded to Equifax with a reason, they did not.