You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

toplad

dlc egg help

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2527 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

i have recieved a letter asking for immediate payment of 18234.02 from dlc on behalf of egg. i belive this may for a loan i will disptue that they state was taken out arounf 2003.

do i dispute and inform dlc i dispute this and cca egg?

Did you take out this loan? ..or have Egg made a mistake?

i took the loan out

When Was The Last Payment Made On This Account Either To Egg Or A Debt Collector

? i stpped paying the instalments in 2003, however i did pay a token 1 pound per month until 8 - 9 months ago

when i first defaulted, they sent it to draycotts ithink. they went stright from a ccj i complaint to egg as this happened in a space of two months. i tried to sort out some payment plan but egg told me they had no details. i told egg i was just going to contiune anyway. they have never send me a letter and tried to contact me since.

no ccj was every obtained.

i have sent a letter disputing the debt and asking for cca with my pound today.

i have recieved a letter today from dlc with my postal order.

they say my request for a cca has to be made to the original client, and if i need to dispute i should sent it to egg??

i though i long as the account is in dispute to could not proceed without proper legal paperwork ie cca.

should i ignore this letter and write to them informing that they have no right to have my details under data protection?

please help

pure rollocks from dlc

keep that letter safe

acount is now in dispute

who ever is chasing you for payment has an obligation to supply the cca

that would be dlc, not egg

just got a letter from drydens!!, states last payment was in 2009 so debt is still live and they have found my cca.

http://s970.photobucket.com/user/toplad/media/IMG_3120.jpg.html

http://s970.photobucket.com/user/toplad/media/IMG_3121.jpg.html

would be very greatful for some advice on what to do with this????

is this cca ok??

should i SAR them

any ideas please?

thank you

bump

Tell them to prove the payment was made. Many DCA's invent payments to try and make you think the debt is still live.

Send them the statute barred letter. If they say a payment is made then you want to know the exact date, method of payment. If by Postal order, you want the postal order details including reference numbers. If by bank, you want to know the account number and sortcode.

Make sure you clearly state you deny any liability to them or their client as the debt is statute barred.

If they come back and say a small payment was made around september/november 2009 then it's almost certain they have invented the payment. Many dca's do this for a debt this large because their greed kicks in and they will try anything to get you to pay it. If you have ever had any discount or settlement offers, that is also a good indicator that the debt is statute barred or bad in some way.

Edit: actually before we go on about SB and all that, when was the last time you used the account, made a payment towards it and/or made written acknowledgement of the debt?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

it was 2009, so not SB yet

i have around 18 months then no payment for 6 years

No. Did you actually make a payment in 2009 or are they just saying you did and you are believing them?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

payment was made

So you did make the payment and arent just taking their word for it as your post alluded to?

Ok I just read through the tjread. No need to confirm.

Can you post those letters up clearer? They are hard to read.

[ATTACH]45627[/ATTACH]

scanned them, should be able to read them now

many thanks

bump