Dealing with CapQuest & an odd CCA Agreement

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5366 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

In the past few months I've had letters regarding a debt from 2004 owed to HSBC. The company collecting is CapQuest. The balance is £4073.21.

I ignored them for a while but they didn't stop so i looked online for help and found this forum.

I sent off a letter asking for a CCA, and they got back to me with photocopies of the agreement I signed with HSBC.

The weird thing is however, it states that I had a loan for £4,000. As far as I remember I only had one for £500 to have driving lessons back when I was 19. I've been racking my brains thinking back to that time, and have no memory of a loan so big, nor can think of anything I bought or would have used such a large amount for.

Also, at the time I was working part time, 19years old, and had an annual income of just £5,400 as stated on the agreement. So reading through it all, it does seem a little strange.

The CCA has all correct details on it i.e my address in 2004, workplace etc.. but I could swear blind I took outta loan for £500, I have no idea where £4,000 has come into it. At 19 with £4,000, working a dead-end part-time job in Poundstretchers, I woulda gone crazy or at least had something to show for it, but I've never had more than a few hundred quid in my bank at one time from what I can remember, so it's knocked me for six tryna figure out why it says £4,000.

I've always known about a debt I owed HSBC, and since I moved alot in the past few years and didn't hear anything I figured it was cleared, til now. Although I always thought I couldn't pay back the loan and over the 5 or so years the interest and other debts on a HSBC credit card I had at the time all added up to this huge debt of £4000+, but reading this CCA the agreement states that I agreed to, and was given, £4,000 as a loan.

I'm kinda confused at the moment and not sure what to do next, so hopefully someone can help me here.

Cheers in advance.

Can you scan the CCA they sent you, use Photobucket or similar, then people can have a look, make sure you remove "ALL" identifying marks, names addresses, bar codes ref numbers etc..

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

The prescribed terms for a loan agreement are all there but it looks like constructed job to me and I wouldn't trust Capquest as far as I could throw them. Time for that Subject Access Request to HSBC (not Capquest) to find out everything HSBC have on you and this alleged loan.

http://www.consumerforums.com/resour...est-debt-a-dca

They have 40 days to reply and send a £10 postal order to cover the cost.

In the meantime you can tell Capquest that you have sent an SAR to HSBC and will have no further correspondence with them pending receipt of the required information.

Do you vote?

Are you registered with a CRA?

I voted last year, also filled out the census thing a few weeks before the letters started arriving so I figured that's how they found me.

Not sure how they coulda got all my old bank details and that though.

I'll send off for a SAR anyway and see what happens.