You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

bazak1

Do you book your holiday on-line and if so, how trustworthy is it

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3974 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hiya folks.

I like thousands of others ALWAYS book our foreign holidays through a travel agents, and obviously because of this, i tend to pay over the odds and through the nose for it.

I know others who book online and get virtually the same holiday for a hell of a lot less, but i can't bring myself to try it.

I basically worry that if i do it on line, and we then get over to Spain ( or wherever ), and i find that i've either been diddled, or havent booked it correctly, then i have ruined our one and only holiday per year that we all look forward to.

How many of you on here book on line and how trustworthy is it ?

What are the pitfalls ?

How could i make sure that i don't make a complete mess of the whole thing ?

I do understand that booking on a credit card gives me protection, but that wouldnt help me stuck in the middle of Tenerife with cases and no hotel etc.

How do you do it ?

Baz

Please note that although my advice is offered, you should consult your legal representative before taking ANY action.

have a nice day !!

In the past I have booked flights online but always with a credit card because of the added protection that is with that even if that means having to pay a booking fee.

I always take a credit card with me on holiday but I usually get money/travellers cheques and take my bank card in case of an emergency(cos if the bank stops the card, at least, I will have used it once)

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

Hi

We always book online - whether flights, apartments, hotels, villas, car hire or even transfers.

I see no reason to pay more money for the same service, but help some middle-man to make extra money at my expense.

You DO have to be a little careful - check that the company you are interested in is legitimate (putting the company name and "review" or "complaint" into Google as search terms is useful).

And you can, as yourbank advises, use a credit card though some flight operators load an extra charge on your bill if you do this (we rarely do).

Have we ever had a problem - yes, once, when our debit card was reissued at renewal date and somehow the hotel authorisation went wrong. But that was once in dozens and dozens of bookings.

I would say online bookings are SAFER than shop bookings, as you get confirmations immediately and do not rely on travel agents to remember to pay monies over.

I book our holiday every year online - frequently only 5-6 days before we travel. Never had any issues. I only ever use the same company though. Don't know if I am allowed to mention their name so I won't.

I personally usually use Thomas cook, and have always had first class holidays with NO problems at all. Thats what worries me about doing it on-line.

Please note that although my advice is offered, you should consult your legal representative before taking ANY action.

have a nice day !!

Hi i am a travel agent and can confirm that if you find a good deal online most reputable agents will match the price if it is a fully bonded like for like quote. i personally am able to match quotes on all major tour operator websites as well as the usual "cheap deals" sites. Everybody basically works from the same system. What i will say though is this - if you book it yourself online and make a mistake you are liable for it. If you book it via a qualifed and experienced travel agent there is less chance of a mistake in the first place and if there is one you will be covered as it is there mistake not yours. Also if there are any problems at all you have someone to help you fight your corner. So think of it as a small insurance that doesn't actually cost you anymore if you are clever and check on-line first and then contact an agent to book. ;)