Don't talk to me about tax credits

bazak1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5371 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I received a letter from tax credits weeks ago saying i owed them x amount of pounds from 2004.

I replied that .....

1-when i received my forms and filled them in yearly with all correct and neccessary details and proof, how did they manage to overpay me in the first place.

2-why had it taken them FIVE years to write to me and inform me of the overpayment.

I got the usual blah blah letter stating figures and the normal " we have listened to what you say BUT you still have to repay the x amount of pounds".

Unbelievable.

They ask me questions, i answer them, HONESTLY.

They overpay me, ( i'm not to know, am i ),

they wait five years then drop it on me like a lead balloon.

And all this happens while nearly all of our mp's etc are pocketing hundreds of thousands.

I really wish i hadnt bothered putting in for the credits in the first place.

Please note that although my advice is offered, you should consult your legal representative before taking ANY action.

have a nice day !!

Hi bazak, i know exactly how you feel.

Tax credits told us we owe them £5,300 overpayments they made.

Now i gotta find a massive lump of cash to pay the b*stards or end up in court :-(

My opinions are my own and not those of anyone else :D

<<<<<<<<<<<<<< If you find me helpful please click on my scales

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/credit-reference-agencies/211007-equifax-your-time-has.html

SIGN THE PETITION TO STOP CREDIT REFERENCE AGENCIES RECORDING DATA WHEN NO CREDIT AGREEMENT EXISTS - SEE FORUM POST

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...ml#post2370021

Same here for the year 05/06, which is over £3000. Now what I cant understand is that since they have access to all NI numbers, then surely they can look up all the PAYE end of year returns, since you file the returns with them anyway, and make sure the totals are correct, and adjust the following years accordingly.

Im in dispute over the 'alleged' debt for that year, as my hubby was a student, and I was working 35 hours a week at minimum wage, with 2 high school aged children, yet they said I was over paid.

seems that tax credits are just another way of the **** that run this country making out that they're helping people when really they just planning on shafting you for more money years down the line.

Another problem i have with tax credits is that in 02/03 i split with my then wife and met a lovely lady who i've been with since. i recieved a letter from TC stating that i owed then £6,231 overpayment for the year 02/03. Turns out my ex wife had been claiming TC's as if we were still together. At the time my partner and I were claiming TC's as we lived together and she had 2 kids.

How can tax credits possibly allow 2 claims to be made with the same names??????????????????

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/credit-reference-agencies/211007-equifax-your-time-has.html

SIGN THE PETITION TO STOP CREDIT REFERENCE AGENCIES RECORDING DATA WHEN NO CREDIT AGREEMENT EXISTS - SEE FORUM POST

I know it's wrong to say it but.................... i'm glad it's not just me then.

Please note that although my advice is offered, you should consult your legal representative before taking ANY action.

have a nice day !!

Heres a good one....

My ex left in 2004 saying she wanted her own life (thank God).

My two sons (15 and 11 ) refused to go with her and stayed with me.

Unbeknown to me, she had managed to change the bank details with Tax Credits and had the money put into her account, rather than the current arrangement, which was my account.

I then re-applied for Tax Credits for myself and my sons. Was told several times that although I qualified for them, I couldnt recieve any payment until they had managed to contact my ex and confirm we had seperated. My ex was keeping a very low profile.

This went on for months. In the end I had no choice but to report her for benefit fraud as she was still claiming for my sons but keeping the money for herself.

Tax Credits wouldnt proceed further until they had interviewed her, but couldnt find her ( not suprising).

Eventually appealed, won appeal and Tax Credits paid but not backdated.

Now, in 2009, I get a demand for £6004 for the period I couldnt claim.

Phoned them to refute it but they are not interested and insist I owe it.

Asked if ex has any demand? They say no, she has done no wrong.

Explained everything, they say they will look into it.

Got letter yesterday saying they can see no reason why I should not be held liable.

Currently getting bank statements for that period to prove NO credits were paid to me - told them this - they now threaten attachment of earning.

Saw solicitor today and she cannot believe it - once I provide bank statements she is issuing counterclaim with view to compensation etc.

watch this space...........

good on you merlin. I wish you luck and hope you nail the b*stards.

Its about time tax credits were made to face up to THEIR mistakes.

Cant wait to hear how you get on with this.