• Tweets

• They can ask you to help them.   The reason for doing this is that the accident was between two private citizens with the Insurance companies covering the risk.  The Insurance company need your assistance to claim directly against the other driver, as the other drivers Insurance are not paying the claim.  Each Insurers pays 50% of the claim costs.     If you don't help the Insurers, I am not sure what they can do about this, as you are no longer a customer of theirs.   Perhaps ask whether they will cover your costs. e.g. time. 
    • no you refuse  they cant do that without your permission.   arent arguing over hire car costs are they?  
    • My former insurance company Axa, is taking the other party to court to reclaim their outlay  This will be in My name because legally the claim has to be in my name? Axa said it was 50/50 claim, so Axa paid me out.   Can this be done in my name without my permission? Axa said it was 50/50 why are Axa going after the other driver? i thought Axa would pay me, the other party paid by their insurance company?   
    • So here we go.   https://www.fca.org.uk/consumers/coronavirus-information-personal-loans-credit-cards-overdrafts   Savvy had a responsibility to offer you a payment holiday rather than a reduction in payment terms. This would not have an impact on your credit file because the FCA set provisions for this due to COVID19.  Furloughed due to COVID is a valid reason for a payment holiday. In this case I believe they have failed you and this is not taking into account my own experience of dealing with them.    Do you have copies of the I&E thats you filled in on both occasions? If so can you post them up minus personal details.  Note that this loan is **NOT** considered High Cost Short Term Credit because of the Loan Period of a year. (HCSTC for short)    There is no requirement for Bank Statements to be sent to them and insistence on that being the case is bordering excessive. The only requirement is that you give them an honest I+E. Even then you have already done that. My personal thought is that either you or they have butchered the I+E - I think its them because the staff trip people up on the phone constantly.   Unfortunately they are a company that does do Court Claims themselves. As long as you have been honest and theres no issues with the I&E - They wont succeed in court.  So let me know how you want to draft your complaint - Paste a copy here and ill go through it with you before issuing it to them.  
    • Fraudsters are using the details of firms we authorise to try to convince people that they work for a genuine, authorised firm. Find out more about this ‘clone firm’. View the full article
  • Our picks

• Curry’s cancelled my order but took the money anyway. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423055-curry%E2%80%99s-cancelled-my-order-but-took-the-money-anyway/
      • 11 replies
    • Father passed away - Ardent Credit Services (Vodafone) now claiming he owes money. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/423040-father-passed-away-ardent-credit-services-vodafone-now-claiming-he-owes-money/
      • 9 replies
    • Currys Refuse Refund F/Freezer 5day old. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422656-currys-refuse-refund-ffreezer-5day-old/
      • 6 replies
    • Hi,  
      I was in Sainsbury’s today and did scan and shop.
      I arrived in after a busy day at work and immediately got distracted by the clothes.

I put a few things in my trolley and then did a shop.
      I paid and was about to get into my car when the security guard stopped me and asked me to come back in.

I did and they took me upstairs.
      I was mortified and said I forgot to scan the clothes and a conditioner, 5 items.
      I know its unacceptable but I was distracted and Initially hadn’t really planned to use scan and shop.

No excuse.
      I offered to pay for the goods but the manager said it was too late.
      He looked at the CCTV and because I didn’t try to scan the items he was phoning the police.

The cost of the items was about £40.
      I was crying at this point and told them I was a nurse, just coming from work and I could get struck off.

They rang the police anyway and they came and issued me with a community resolution notice, which goes off my record in a year.
      I feel terrible. I have to declare this to my employer and NMC.

They kept me in a room on my own with 4 staff and have banned me from all stores.
      The police said if I didn’t do the community order I would go to court and they would refer me to the PPS.

I’m so stressed,
      can u appeal this or should I just accept it?

Thanks for reading 
      • 16 replies
Miss Poohs

Bankrupt or Trust Deed

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3949 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I posted this question on another site as well, but I thought perhaps as this one seems to have more Scottish input I'd ask here too - hope thats ok?

Its a kinda broad question but, in considering BR or TD what should the major deciding factors be?

What are the important questions to ask regarding which path to go down?

Many thanks.

Miss P

Hi Mis Poohs, you have not mentioned what kind of debt or the circumstances, if you provide more information then we will be able to advise you of the options available.

to be honest wecannot advise you either way as this has tobe a personal decision for you and yours.

what type of debts do you haveand the rough amounts due? how much money do you have to pay the creditors each month?

are you a homeowner?

here is the link to te AIB that you can read about BK and LILA:

http://www.aib.gov.uk/MainNav/Services/debtorportal

and a bit more info:

National Debtline Scotland | Debt Advice | Factsheet 01 Bankruptcy

here is a link to trust deeds:

National Debtline Scotland | Debt Advice | Factsheet 21 Trust Deeds

ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

Alrighty - why did I expect you to know what going on here - silly me.

I'll get dinner by then try and word the current situation as best I can.

Be back later.

Trust deed if you have assets ie property, savings etc.....BR if you are renting, unemployed, no savings......trust deed 3 years br over in 1 year....what is your situation?

Hi

I was hoping someone could help. My wife was made redundant and is having difficulty finding a job (out of work for 14 months).

We are just keeping our heads above water, but have basically no money left after my pay day which pays all the debts.

I have quite a good salary and my wife gets £260 a month in JSA.

After each month, our disposable income is around £500 (although my wife is a heavy smoker and this comes to roughly £280 a month and the rest is spent on food).

So each month, after food and fags, we have nothing left.

We have around £28k of unsecured debt. Would we be able to file for a TD? Our creditors always get paid each month, but I don't think we can carry on much longer as this is causing much stress in our home?

Any advice is much appreciated.

do you own your own home?

the links in post 3 have a read over them

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

You fail to mention if you have any singular asset in excess of £1000.00. Furthermore, You cannot describe money for food as disposable income and before considering Trust Deed it is important to calculate all essential expenditure.

The following Income expenditure sheet should help.

Total Income including Benefits.

Rent

Mortgage

Endowment

Council Tax

Secured Loan

Telephone

Electricity

Gas

Other fuel

Life Insurance

House Insurance

Food/ Housekeeping

Alcohol/Tobacco

Entertainment/Sport

Clothing

Pocket Money

Travel

Road Tax

Car Insurance

Prescriptions/Health

Child Care Costs

TV Rental

TV Licence

Contingency

Once you have done the calculation, you will be in a better idea of where you want to go. However, remember that Insolvency Practitioners will always suggest Trust Deed as they make lots of money from managing

I hope this helps.

thanks for the advice.

We have a new car (bought by father in law) 2 years old - but we are paying back father in law (was £300 per month, but he suspended the repayments until we were back on our feet again). We are council tenants and we don't have any oter assests over £1000.

completed the table provided

Rent 175

Mortgage 0

Endowment 0

Council Tax 85

Secured Loan 0

Telephone 45

Electricity 35

Gas 28

Other fuel 0

Life Insurance 0

House Insurance 0

Food/ Housekeeping 275

Alcohol/Tobacco 280

Entertainment/Sport 0

Clothing 0

Pocket Money 0

Travel 25

Road Tax 10

Car Insurance 19

Prescriptions/Health 0

Child Care Costs 0

TV Rental 0

TV Licence 12

Contingency 0

unsecured debt 919

student loan 63

Overdraft interest 20

this totals exactly what the monthly income of our household is.

have been living like this for a few months and feel we can't go on much longer like this. our bank says we can consolidate our loans in 6 months time into 1 monthly repayment, but not sure we will make it another 6 months.

Would a TD solve these issues?

Thanks

who's name is the car in , yours or FIL?

ida x