• Tweets

• Thanks very much Bank. I have topped and tailed my LOC and printed off a copy which I shall post tomorrow by First Class post at my local post office and also obtain a proof of postage. I'll also email them a copy. I've opened a MoneyClaim account, and shall now begin work on my draft Particulars of Claim which I shall post here for your thoughts. And I shan't be using the Moderation service.
    • Yes, it struck me this morning that I'd got it wrong    - no involvement of UKPPO in any previous Tesco thread    - there would have been an entrance sign to a Tesco car park    - CCTV isn't something associated with Tesco car parks. Presumably whoever runs the car park has put CCTV at the electric, and probably BB, areas, done absolutely nothing to stop abuse, and then rubs their hands in glee every time the CCTV catches a motorist out. You can pay £60 and this will go away. Or you can defy UKPPO and rely on their non-respect of POFA, consideration period, etc., should they be daft enough to do court later down the line.  We would support you all the way.
    • thats not the way to do it sorry. sorry so what is your problem? that vanquis paid the £560 or that they are now chasing it? how old is this debt? dx  
    • If you visited Qatar you could be detained at the border, if the debt has been notified.  If you are only in transit and do not seek to cross border into Qatar you might be ok, but you may want to seek formal advice about this.
    • Howdy, I had a short lived credit card with Vanquis that I did not need. I paid it off in full and called them and closed it with the person at the other end. 2 months later they started sending me messages about late payments, I called them and to find out that the card had not been closed in error and 6 weeks after it should have been closed they paid a google debit of £560. I hit the roof and made a formal complaint that took them well over a month to respond to. They agreed they were at fault, refunded all late payments fees and offered me £100 in compensation. However they said the debit amount stood as 'I had benefit from it' and I should get a refund from google. I hit the roof again but they have stuck to their guns. The debit from google is a genuine one but I wanted to dispute it with google so closed the card so they would have to engage with me. But surely that's neither here nor there surely? What is the next step? Ombudsman takes forever doesn't it?  thanks in advance
  • Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Ill anyway & Debt is making it worse.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5337 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am 24 & I already have a number of conditions, including, Diabetes Type 1 (Waiting for insulin training) & Borderline Personality Disorder.

I'm not a very stable personality at the best of times, but now, as the days drag on, with these DCA's (Both in dispute - at least according to me) things have deteriorated quite rapidly. In the last 2 weeks, I have been hospitalised due to my diabetes, which has been aggravated by the stress of debt & dealing with these companies. Every time they checked my heart rate, it was racing at over 110 beats per minute, proving to the doctors & nurses my diabetes was being aggravated by stress, although I couldn't tell them why, or even admit to the stress, for fear of how they might react to me.

I now regularly have blood glucose levels exceeding 20mmol/l because the body's stress reaction increases glucose levels in the blood, so much so that I have been feeling extremely sick all of the time, & having what I can only describe as my body shocking itself every 5 mins. On the night in question I was in fact admitted with blood glucose levels of 30.6 mmol/l, & mild Diabetic Ketoacidosis, because of this. The effect of debt on my diabetes is so profound that my GP has had to agree I'm a type 1 diabetic now in need of insulin & I'm waiting on an appointment from the local hospital to recieve training on how to use it all (I cannot have insulin until this happens, so I am at high risk of DKA atm)

I had a mental breakdown 2 years ago, to do with bullying & job loss, & moving house etc. & to be honest I feel as if I'm on the verge of another one. I am always close to tears atm, I even broke down on the phone to one of the DCA's today. I'm starting to think I'm never going to escape this debt that is not mine, because they seem to always find a way round what I'm telling them. I have today posted the whole situation on here, to hopefully find a footing, something I can actually understand, to make them back off. I'm terrified they're going to come here, which will start all of the neighbours talking, & I'm terrified I'll not be able to leave my house because of them.

If I could afford to give them the money, I would, even though I don't owe it, just to stop them coming after me with phone calls & letters & threats of turning up, threats of legal action which has been suggested I cannot defend myself against.

The whole lot, is making me think of self-harm, which I haven't done since January. The only reason I refuse to think of suicide is because of my poor cat who does not deserve that.

I am not sleeping hardly, & when I do sleep, I'm getting called, it's as if they somehow know.

I'm hiding in here, keeping the curtains drawn & not going out unless I really have to at the moment, as I'm worried there'll be someone waiting for me as soon as I step outside.

I've already had enough & according to a lot of the stories here, it's only just begun. :Cry:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

first of all take a deep breath, there are many people on here that will help you, maybe not @ this time of the morning , but keep checking , you will get responses later today , when a few wake up :rolleyes: , chin up and just keep checking ,

Kip

• Haha 2

NEVER FORGET

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Help Our Hero's Website

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/

HIGHWAY OF HEROES

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/181826-last-tribute-our-lads.html

Like Cooking ? check the Halogen Cooker thread

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/218990-cooking-halogen-cookers.html

|Hi SkimblesQueen

I am so sorry to hear that these **** are makeing your life a misery.But honestly you have come to the right place subbing on this forum and you will get loads of help to semd these **** packing.Last year i was in same boat as you and was being pestered all the time by horrible phonecalls when i found i could not make regular minimm repayments on all my credit cards.MBNA was by far the worse:mad: they even phoned me up at work and told my colleagues they were MBNA making it clear they were chasing me over debt and they didnt do this just once a day but often several times a week and they set some outside agents on me called RMA who sometimes phoned me ten times a day at work in spite of my boss telling me i was not allowed personal calls at work It was awful of them as they were defintilly trying to embarress and humiliate me at work.So like you i was begginning to get so stressed out and feeling trapped by it all ,I used to sit at this computer in floods of tears desperatly trying to hide my distress from my husband as he has a heart condition and was trying not to put all my distress and worry on him,In the end i googled MBNA and bullying tactics and came across this wonderful site and never looked back since,I managed to get the phonecalls stopped at work by sending a telephone harrasement letter and got to quickly realise how pathetic these debt collection callers are,So honestly once you start ignoring their phonecalls and showing them you know your rights they will be truely put in their place,So please dont let them ruin your life they are not worth it and if stay with this forum you will soon get to realise what a pathetic joke these debt collecters are!Just trawling a few of these threads will show you what a joke they are! Please dont let them get to you/Luv and cyberhugs Sunflower :) xx

• Haha 1

Im happy to help with support and my own opinions but as i have no legal qualifications If I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action,

What you need to do is post up all the details on this thread about why they are chasing you,You say debt not yours so i am sure with help and advice from Cag you will be shown ways to beat em!So if you post them up you will sooon get plenty of help on how to deal with them I found in my case although i only managed to get calls stopped completly at work they still phoned me at home but the answer for me was to get a cheap answer machins so i could screen my calls! and found that a lot of DCAS hate answer machines!:D and just put the phone down! but i could still stay in contact with friends and relatives !

Im happy to help with support and my own opinions but as i have no legal qualifications If I offer any thoughts to your problems please take it as from my life experience only and not of any legal standing. Always take further advice from the legal experts in your final action,

You will most probably find in the end that the phoonecalls gradually decrease as the DCAS realise they can not intimidate you over phone! You just need to tell yourself like i learnt to do ! That it is your own telephone and you can choose to speak to who you want to.Even if they threatened you with doorstep callers unless they authoriused by a court they have no legal powers what so ever and are not baliffs.So they have to leave if you tell them to leave! I got a doorstop caller once from Scotcall! me and hubby just ignored it and he went away!

I love cats too! but unfortunatly can not keep one because we have a dog! That lovely ginger cat gorgeous!

Edited by sunflower99

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/131409-cheekiness-towards-dca-369.html#post2350118 i though you might like to have a look at thie thread it is hilarious and will just show you what a joke thses DCAS are !
  • Haha 1

Hi Skimbles Queen,

A warm welcome to CAG, although hopefully you're away having some much needed sleep after your post in the small hours!

We've all been there haven't we girls?

As my friends above say, nothing's insurmountable and now you're here on CAG you'll get loads of REAL help and support. No judgements, no flak just help every step along the way.

You've got enough on your plate to deal with considering all your health problems. On it's own diabetes can cause mood swings in line with the fluctuation in blood sugar, so with everything else I do understand how low it can make you feel. Please don't worry about telling us anything, there's always someoneone around to offer advice or just a friendly chat or shoulder to cry on. You're not on your own honey.

Getting to the debt. As Sunflower says, let us know the basic details:

• Who it's supposed to be with, for what eg Credit Card/Loan/Mobile Phone bill etc
  • What Debt Company is chasing it
  • What they are saying in their letters

Then, we'll get you some letters together to get you started on taking control and sending them packing.

Golden Rules from now on:

• NEVER EVER speak to them on the phone. As you'll have read on here they will lie, cheat and bully on the phone, saying things they REALLY CAN'T DO and which they wouldn't dare put in writing.If you answer by accident, either just hang up or say I HAVE TAKEN LEGAL ADVICE. IT'S NOT MY DEBT AND I'LL ONLY DISCUSS THIS IN WRITING and put the phone down. Or blow a whistle down the phone!
  • Consider seeing if your phone company does a Choose to refuse option. I know Talk Talk and BT do..costs about £3.50 a month but it's well worth it to get them out of your hair. You can then ban up to 10 numbers. Eg phone rings.if you have caller display and you see its them..don't answer just wait till it stops, then you ring the number your telephone co give you when you subscribe, all automated, follow the instructions and voila! the last call is banned. Alternatively you can manually add any number in advance.
  • Remember their threats are just that..they can't send in bailliffs (only a Court can do that, after a CCJ is obtained, and then ONLY if you don't keep up the payments) As it's not even your debt that just ain't gonna happen :D Debt Collectors HAVE NO RIGHT to come to your home and take goods.

That's enough to be going on with for now, hopefully we'll hear from you later.

Hugs,

Elsa xxx

Edited by Undercover-Elsa
  • Haha 1

What we did here to stop calls coming (mostly for a previous tenant) was to have a phone which doesn't ring, but we can make outgoing calls on. If anyone needs to contact me or my flatmate they have our mobile numbers. You can also get your phone provider to change your phone number due to harrassing calls, the first change is usually free of charge.

I know how you feel, the DCAs are like a dog with a bone, I have one in particular at the moment who have broken loads of rules but seem to get away with it - complaint letters going recorded delivery tomorrow yet again.

If necessary you can get the CAB involved, they will write to people and tell them to stop - although this only works for a limited time (usually three months) but it does give you a breathing space.

Posting on here should help too - quite a few of us have been through the extreme stress stage and can help out.

With sleeping there isn't a great deal you can do - the NHS supply Zopiclone which whilst making you sleep doesn't kick in the dream cycle which helps relieve stress. You need something like a milky drink with a bayleaf boiled in it, take the bayleaf out. It might taste a bit 'bitter' but you can add sugar and a yeast tablet and that will help you sleep. A high dose of Vitamin D also helps.

• Haha 1

I can imagine how awful you feel, Skimblesqueen, but with the help of people on this forum you will find a way through this.

Your health has to be your number one priority. Have you seen your GP and told him of the problems you are experiencing? Creditors have to give consideration to vulnerable people and a doctor's letter may help in stemming this tide of harrassment against you.

It may also be worth talking to the citizens advice bureau. In certain circumstances they can negotiate with the creditors on your behalf, which would take a lot of the pressure off.

Keep checking into this site regularly - you'll be amazed at the help you receive.

Take care:)

Hello Skimbles Queen,

What a horrible time you are having. It is so wrong that these lowlifes are making you ill so the priority is to get them off your back as soon as we can.

As Elsa says, we have all been there. I was at rock bottom last October, absolutely suicidal, awake all night and on the brink of tears all the time. I was being hounded by a particularly nasty DCA (Aic) and one night seriously thought of driving my car into the river, but my daughter was asleep, I couldn't leave her, and somehow I got through that awful night. I have never been so frightened in my life - they were telling me I would lose my home, have bailiffs on the doorstep, and more, and of course then I found CAG and realized that what they had been telling me were lies designed to frighten me, and that is what they are doing to you. I am so sorry you are having such a terrible time but this site really does get people through the horrors. I thank God I found it, like Sunflower through an internet search.

A few months ago there was a young lady on the site being chased for debts which were actually her father's. We gave her all the help she needed to get rid of the DCAs. Remember they don't care whether or not the debt is yours - they will still try to get you to pay.

Sunflower and Elsa and the others have given excellent practical advice which I cannot add to, so post up the details and we'll all try to help.

Big hug,

Daniella xxx

Hello,

I did indeed attempt some sleep, I've not had loads, but enough for now.

I have already posted all the details here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/213853-help-needed-advantis.html

To clarify, JD WILLIAMS - Simply Be, is a catalogue company.

The debt is not mine, as although I ordered items from them, they were never delivered, I had no (to my knowledge) contact from Simply Be, in the few months after the order that I was still at the property, (ordered in June, moved in September, as temporary homeless acommodation) Although I lived in a dodgy area, where I didn't sometimes recieve any mail for weeks, & then the postman never put the letters through the door properly so they would get stolen. I had a problem with EON threatening to send debt collectors, when I first moved into my new property in September, all because I hadn't recieved the letters from them, although I managed to sort that one out & that is paid off (before DCA's got involved).

Apparently according to Advantis the DCA on thiws simply be account concerned, because the account is more than 2 years old, they are not prepared to consider the account in dispute, they won't provide proof of delivery as I requested on that basis, & apparently JD williams have instructed Advantis to continue collecting the debt.

I think, I have now got them to remove my phone number (home one) from the account, (well they say they have) in favour of a mobile I can ignore.

I have seen my GP about my health problems, but not told them about the stress contributing to them, as I think this would colour their judgement of me, & have a detrimental effect on the medical help I recieve from them.

I won't even ask my GP for sleeping tablets, as I doubt they'd give them to me anyway, especially in my current state & with my current medication, I think they'd have serious doubts. Besides, it's not that I'm not tired, it's that my brain won't stop for a second worrying about all of this, & the sleeping tablets I had before, make the body relax but not the mind, so didn't work anyway. (Diazepam)

I'm going to have to go back & re-read all your replies to see if I've missed any questions you wanted me to answer, I feel like I'm on information overload permanantly at the moment, which is causeing me to have problems concentrating (although I suspect my diabetes probably doesn't help that at the moment either).

I have tried to make an appointment at my CAB but they say all their slots are full at the moment, & that's only for assessment.

I do actually have an answer machine where I can screen my calls, but I also have a terrible desire to answer a ringing phone when I don't know who it is, although I suppose I have caller ID so any number I don't recognise, I guess I could just not answer...

I'm worried that the DCA can obtain a CCJ without me being able to give a defence, I mean, I don't have a lot in my house that's even mine, but I doubt they'd take that into consideration & they can't take away my home as it's housing association, but as advantis pointed out, although I'm not able to work due to my health at the moment, IF that changed, & I had to go & find a job, I'd now get refused because of my credit file, when they did a credit check.

The other thing is, My fridge, freezer, TV, Hifi computer & parts of my laptop, are only borrowed, if they got a CCJ they could take them, & then I'd have a fair few angry family members wanting their stuff back, or me to pay them for it, as they are only on loan, even my cooker & washing machine is technically my mum's as she bought them for me on her catalogue & is still paying for them. Everything else I have is all second hand. If they got a CCJ what can they take? Nothing is worth very much except the things that are borrowed, as everything I have is very old & second or third hand, including the bed. The only new things are the cats toys & litter tray. (They can't surely take those can they?)

Maybe I'm looking at things out of proportion, but they've already claimed they've sent my case to their litigation dept & I have no idea about what's going to happen now, or how, or even if I can defend against their decisions.

The other thing is, My fridge, freezer, TV, Hifi computer & parts of my laptop, are only borrowed, if they got a CCJ they could take them

They cannot take what isn't yours - you need to list what is borrowed and who owns it and keep it handy.

, & then I'd have a fair few angry family members wanting their stuff back, or me to pay them for it, as they are only on loan, even my cooker & washing machine is technically my mum's as she bought them for me on her catalogue & is still paying for them.

Anything on Hire Purchase CANNOT be seized by a bailiff

Everything else I have is all second hand. If they got a CCJ what can they take? Nothing is worth very much except the things that are borrowed, as everything I have is very old & second or third hand, including the bed. The only new things are the cats toys & litter tray. (They can't surely take those can they?)

They can't take animals, they will bluster that they can but they have to notify the RSPCA FIRST and then there will be trouble for them back at HQ.

Make an appointment for the local CAB and they should be able to help.

If a case has gone to the litigation department it is only the next desk (or next room along) until you get court papers DO NOT PAY A PENNY to them. Once you get court papers come back and we can help more.

Please please stop worrying so much about them, that is exactly what they want you to do - your no 1 priority is your own health and welfare - in your current state you are vulnerable and need outside organisations such as the CAB to help.

I shall try (again) to make a CAB appointment on monday (assuming they're open, I have to check that)...ooh no, not monday, have to be tuesday - hospital monday! Ack! I'm losing my marbles I keep forgetting important things like that!

I'm glad they can't take kitty paws, he's the most important thing to me, I love him lots!

BTW, someone said earlier about not being able to have a cat because of a dog? Generally speaking, except for the rare exception of temperament (so racing dogs mainly) it is a myth that dogs & cats can't live happily together, My mum has 2 cats & 2 dogs, & all live happily, Affee even gets in the dogs crates during the day & curls up to sleep with them :p

We got the cats when we had 1 dog, & got them in a pair, so they'd gang up on the dog if she got too overbearing, but all has always been fine, we got the second dog, the cats lived on a shelf for a few days, then decided he wasn't a threat & all was good, then 2nd dog died, so was replaced, Mungo has decided this is unacceptable & the vet has said he's pining for the second dog & refuses to come downstairs now, but is actually happy upstairs, where he is fed, watered etc (spoilt kitty), Affee loves the "3rd" dog, despite Snoopy forgetting sometimes he's a LOT bigger than affee (Snoopy - German Shepherd), 1st dog died this year & has been replaced by 4th dog Willow, who's scared of his shadow, so no problems with the kitties. Complicated, but mostly harmonious.

there you go SQ the girls have already got you in the mood to fight back

great to see that, and you will get a lot of support from other cager's

NEVER FORGET

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Help Our Hero's Website

http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/

HIGHWAY OF HEROES

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/181826-last-tribute-our-lads.html

Like Cooking ? check the Halogen Cooker thread

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bear-garden/218990-cooking-halogen-cookers.html

Hi again,

I've just read through your other thread and you are getting excellent advice there, and I hope feeling a bit better now.

As they are saying there, don't worry about the "litigation" department - that really will be changing the paper in the printer. I hardly think they would spend the money to take you to court for £265. Anyway it's up to them to prove you had the goods.

Let us know how you get on when you get a response to your letter, but you are fighting back now and that's got to be good. :)

DDxx

I am indeed feeling better & starting to laugh at the whole mess, especially if it comes down to changing the printer paper, I am actually amazed they get away with things like that.

Anyway, letter goes off on tuesday (Don't have the money to send it until then), I am also glad the have to prove I had the goods because as you've seen, they've given the impression they don't need to do that based on the age of the account.

Now I've spoken to my mum about it, I find out she used to work for Natwest's in-house debt collection team & (if it did get that far) if the order of entry for a bailiff is refused (ie I don't let them in) they cannot re-apply for it. Although I cannot be sure that's still right as it was more than 22 years ago, it's food for thought.

Hi Skimblesqueen

so glad you feeling a bit better now and got those scums threat into proportion. i am sure Cab can help you when you explain all this to them and like the others say what can they take?If you not a homeowner and in a housing association you are protected from a charging order which is one thing these **** sometimes do when they attempt to turn an unsecured loan into a secured loan but you are safe even from that so please try not to worry! SF xx:)

I find it difficult to understand that £265 is a small amount, cause to me it's not, although when I looked at SMT's thread on sharklycard I realise it cost sharklycard almost £1000 to attend court & that was just for a disclosure order, after reading that I can't imagine any company willing to risk almost £1000 for £265 (Especially when they have no proof I ever received the items - as I didn't, so as long as I don't sign anything they can't use my signiture to create false documents)

Thanks to everyone on here, my biggest worry at this minute is the huge spider that's been running round my room all night, that I'm terrified of.

Thank you all for your advice & support :)

I caught it, about 2 - 3 hours ago - still cant sleep :eek: it is safely outside, but my goodness! What a practise it'd be if DCA's started posting big spiders through your letter box!?! :eek: Now that's a reason to pay up regardless & quickly if there ever was one. Just as well animal rights groups would probably have something to say on that practise!

Edited by SkimblesQueen
Typo

Hi SQ,

Just looking in on the morning shift :)

Glad you got that spider..I wouldn't have been able to sleep either!

I used to have a labrador years ago that caught them on command..she was obsessed and could HEAR them. She'd be lying on the settee (tut!) half asleep, and suddenly wake up..stare fixedly at some part of the room, then whoosh she'd pounce. Really miss her, my Search and Get Spider dog :-)

Glad things are starting to look better,

Catch you later

Elsa xxxx

What a practise it'd be if DCA's started posting big spiders through your letter box!?! :eek: Now that's a reason to pay up regardless & quickly if there ever was one. Just as well animal rights groups would probably have something to say on that practise!

Nooooooooo, don't give them ideas:lol:

That would be the very definition of hate mail:D

Hi SQ,

Just looking in on the morning shift :)

Glad you got that spider..I wouldn't have been able to sleep either!

I used to have a labrador years ago that caught them on command..she was obsessed and could HEAR them. She'd be lying on the settee (tut!) half asleep, and suddenly wake up..stare fixedly at some part of the room, then whoosh she'd pounce. Really miss her, my Search and Get Spider dog :-)

Glad things are starting to look better,

Catch you later

Elsa xxxx

Oh Elsa, if you could breed and train dogs to do that you'd make a fortune.

My dog stood on a huge spider once, completely by accident. She literally had 8 leg tips poking out from beneath her paw - when she took her foot off the offending arachne it staggered away in a zig zag motion, just like a comedy drunk:lol: