mother of two needs own council home

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5346 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi can anybody help my daughter has 2 children a 5 month old and nearly 3 year old.lives with myself ,my husband,son 21years old,daughter 17 years old we have a bedroom ,son abedroom,daughter a bedroom.my daughter sleeps down stairs with baby and daughter,been bidding on council propertys for nearly 2years no luck,i no they wont rehouse her as she isnt homeless and she has a home.my husband has a few medicle problems,accident at work left with bad back diagnoised with osteopina,diabetic since he was 5 ,suffers from depression,my health isnt great suffer depression due to stress work night shift need to as husband cant work at the momment, is there any adivce out there:(

She may have to consider renting from the private sector.... is this a feasible option ?

Years ago, if she took a letter from you stating that you had no room and were having to chuck her out.... then the Council would have a duty to re-"house", but this would be in a B&B/hostel for an indefinate period of time depending on what was available....

Whether this would give her priority on being re-housed nowadays would depend on the area she lives in, the current waiting list and current legislation.... which someone more experienced in this area would need to clarify for you.